Windows 10: Removing duplicate photos with (2) after photo title

Discus and support Removing duplicate photos with (2) after photo title in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I really didn’t know which forum to put this in, so being as this has never happened before; I decided to try the 10 forum 1st. All of my pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by oldyeller38, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Removing duplicate photos with (2) after photo title

I really didn’t know which forum to put this in, so being as this has never happened before; I decided to try the 10 forum 1st.
    All of my pictures have suddenly developed a copy with (2) after title. How can I delete all of the copies in one sweep rather than one by one which would take a lot of time? Is there a command that would delete all of the duplicate copies with the (2) in the title?
    Screen shot:

:)

oldyeller38, Aug 5, 2017

2. Duplication of photos!

When I take a photo using the camera it saves 4 duplicate copies of it. When I transfer a photo or download it from web, the photo is duplicated 3-4 times. If I remove the duplicate copies sparing one photo, it removes all the copies of the photo. So,
    it's like there's no photo or duplicate copies of photos. This is happening on my Lumia 620. Help!!

karthikvaidadi, Aug 5, 2017
  3. How to sort the duplicate pictures store in different partition?

I have pictures in bunches of places on my laptop w/ W10; Is there an app/program that will seek out and group duplicates of my photos so
    I can pare them down?

Original title: paring down of duplicate photos

Thomas and LouEllynGreen, Aug 5, 2017
  4. FinWin10 Win User

Removing duplicate photos with (2) after photo title

Hello.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    Can you tell us a little more about the problem?
    How the problem began?

FinWin10, Aug 5, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, try typing *(2). in file explorer's search field (+ 'enter' or 'return').

That should list all such files- CTRL A, delete.

You could do this from a command prompt open at that folder:
    DEL *(2).jpg

dalchina, Aug 5, 2017
  6. Thanks dalchina; the *(2)* delete, did the trick. As you may have ascertained I'm not a computer guru!

oldyeller38, Aug 6, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Good - * ( for any character string) and . (for single characters) is a standard that's been around from pre-Windows days (MS-DOS e.g.)

dalchina, Aug 6, 2017
  8. Removing duplicate photos with (2) after photo title

The suggested methods do work really well, BUT make sure you are not deleting files also that has the (2) in it's name, but does not have any duplicate(original) file.

Best would be to know some simple programming and write a small script that finds the duplicates for you and then removes those duplicates and finally renames files with bad names to not contain the (2)...(n).

Glad that this solution helped you though. *Smile

slicendice, Aug 6, 2017
  9. I'm back with a similar problem; the above trick worked, I thought. so here is my issue now.
    For some strange reason when I go to my pictures folder to look for a picture I get a copy (2) for all in that folder. When I go to the search bar & enter (2), all the pictures with picture title & (2) I delete; but when I reboot my computer all the pictures are back with the replicated name & the (2). Adding a screen:
    Removing duplicate photos with (2) after photo title [​IMG]

Any idea’s as to why? Could it possibly be to an update as my windows 10 is set for auto-update?

oldyeller38, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Removing duplicate photos with (2) after photo title

1. Removing duplicate photos with (2) after photo title - Similar Threads - Removing duplicate photos

2. remove duplicate photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove duplicate photos: How do I remove duplicate photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-duplicate-photos/e4a289b1-8239-4bd8-8cd8-f5d0e2d7ae96
  3. remove duplicate photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove duplicate photos: How do I remove duplicate photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-duplicate-photos/e4a289b1-8239-4bd8-8cd8-f5d0e2d7ae96
  4. How to remove photo titled on Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove photo titled on Photos: I just pinned some images on Photos and it appears on Start Menu. But i can't delete those photos and replace with new one. How can I unpin them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-photo-titled-on-photos/56c007af-8450-4861-85d5-54b9c3b96f50
  5. How to remove photo titled on Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove photo titled on Photos: I just pinned some images on Photos and it appears on Start Menu. But i can't delete those photos and replace with new one. How can I unpin them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-photo-titled-on-photos/56c007af-8450-4861-85d5-54b9c3b96f50
  6. How to remove photo titled on Photos

7. Best duplicate photo removal tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best duplicate photo removal tool: What is the best rule people have found for removing duplicate photos from windows OneDrive and This computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-duplicate-photo-removal-tool/3a7609e9-da8a-486c-98f8-b2265cd4f661
  8. remove duplicate photos

remove duplicate photos: How do I remove duplicate photos from my computer. I'm on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-duplicate-photos/c74792c1-cfd3-4e0f-853b-9a35905be29d
  9. How to remove duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos?: I upload photos that are in Microsoft photos to a file on the hard drive. But I noticed that uploaded files are still kept in Microsoft photos. I don’t want to keep two identical versions in different places...
  10. Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos: I have been using microsoft photos for a cuple years to quickly and easily upload photos from my camera to my computer , once in microsoft photos i upload the photos to a file on my computers harddrive i created . I noticed the files still on microsoft photos and in my file i...