Windows 10: Removing duplicate programs

Discus and support Removing duplicate programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One of my system management apps (Wise) seems to list duplicates of a few of my installed programs., one example is Mighty Text which seems to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Jun 22, 2021.

1. clayto Win User

Removing duplicate programs

One of my system management apps (Wise) seems to list duplicates of a few of my installed programs., one example is Mighty Text which seems to have more than a half dozen copies. Most other utilities such as uninstallers and file managers are only showing the one copy. I have tried duplicate finder apps in the past, without finding any I am happy with. I would like to be able to remove the space wasting copies, without damaging.the original.

:)

clayto, Jun 22, 2021

2. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Jun 22, 2021
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Azuch Win User

How do I remove duplicate icons from the "all apps" list???

Certain programs have placed duplicate icons in the all apps list. I have a couple of apps that put three icons on the all apps list that do exactly the same thing. I want to remove duplicates to clean up my apps lists. How do I remove a duplicate icon
    without uninstalling the program? This should be simple to do - right clicking the icons does not give a delete option.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Azuch, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Removing duplicate programs - Similar Threads - Removing duplicate programs

2. Duplicate File Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate File Program: G'day, I purchased the Duplicated file program. I inserted my PHOTO STICK into the usb. I clicked on search. The program ran. At the end, there was a picture of the originals and underneath a tick in the duplicated photo. I clicked delete. Now, most of the photos have been...
  3. Duplicate File Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate File Program: G'day, I purchased the Duplicated file program. I inserted my PHOTO STICK into the usb. I clicked on search. The program ran. At the end, there was a picture of the originals and underneath a tick in the duplicated photo. I clicked delete. Now, most of the photos have been...
  4. Duplicate File Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Duplicate Windows Programs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate Windows Programs?: I'm running Windows 10 Pro. It has it's own folder with ~ 24GB/102,000 files. I also have a Windows.old folder and in that there's a Windows folder that has ~28GB/210,000 files. I am using Hyper V but it seems that I have a duplicate Windows programs. Can I delete the...
  6. Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them?

Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them?: Hi, Hoping someone can help, my Asus laptop using Windows 10 is close to full storage. The files that take most of my memory are the program files, I can see duplicate files (as below) but unable to delete or move these. It says that I do not have permissions (see below) I...
  7. Duplicate program files

Duplicate program files: Why do I have two of each program file on my HP Laptop using Windows 10? (I have only had the laptop a few months and have had nothing but storage problems.) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-program-files/db89d05c-9774-4757-916b-b03cabc0fd59"
  8. Remove duplicate default program entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove duplicate default program entry: After a bout with some spyware, I found that I have two entries for Firefox in my list of default programs in Win 10 settings. One won't let me pick Firefox as the default browser when I choose that one. I want to remove it from the list. Is there a quick way? See the...
  9. Remove duplicate default program entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove duplicate default program entry: After a bout with some spyware, I found that I have two entries for Firefox in my list of default programs in Win 10 settings. One won't let me pick Firefox as the default browser when I choose that one. I want to remove it from the list. Is there a quick way? See the...
  10. Removing duplicate files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing duplicate files: I don't trust free duplicate file finders. Is there a way to find and delete duplicate files easily from a folder in Windows 10 that does not require using another program? 38286