Windows 10: Removing empty folders from the control panel ...

Discus and support Removing empty folders from the control panel ... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to remove empty folders (and not app icons) from the control panel pane? Hiding them would also be an acceptable solution! Big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Florio, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Florio Win User

Removing empty folders from the control panel ...

Does anyone know how to remove empty folders (and not app icons) from the control panel pane? Hiding them would also be an acceptable solution!

Big thanks to whoever can lend a hand...

:)

Florio, Sep 20, 2017

2. driver toolkit

I have downloaded and installed DriverToolkit. Knowing that this program could pose a threat, I never used it and I decided to uninstall it from the Control Panel "Programs and Features." After doing so, the entry for DriverToolkit was deleted from the
    "Programs and Features" list. However, the DriverToolkit icon is still on the task bar. If I click on the icon, the DriverToolkit starts up as if it were never removed from my system.

Using Windows Explorer, I found a folder "Local Disk (C): Program Files (x86)/DriverToolkit." This folder contains the following:

SUBFOLDER: Backup (empty)

SUBFOLDER: Download (empty)

DriverToolkit.exe

msvcp100.dll

msvcr100.dll

network.dll

zlibwapi.dll

So, I have two questions:

1. After uninstalling DriverToolkit from the Control Panel "Programs and Features," the DriverToolkit was eliminated from the list of programs. So why is this program still on my computer?

2. How should I go about permanently removing DriverToolkit from my computer? Should I delete the folder "Local Disk (C): Program Files (x86)/DriverToolkit"?

BinaryStar460, Sep 20, 2017
  3. mouse2404 Win User
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

It would seem that you have missed the point " The PeerNetworking folder which is empty"

there are no files or anything in the folder it is just empty.

How can I re-create the contents of this folder? can I copy and paste from my laptop or another Pc?.

mouse2404, Sep 20, 2017
  4. Florio Win User

Florio, Sep 20, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    I don't see where one can add Folders to the Control Panel nor delete what is there nor can a User add Folders. There's a few third-party programs that will add into Control Panel. Some of the apps appear to be a Folder-type icon. One can go to C:\Windows in File Explorer and do a Search for *.cpl to see a list of the apps' files. Individual .cpl files have a Delete on the right-click but it usually would not be good to do so unless real sure it is desired, could cause issues with Windows. The .cpl files will be in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and/or maybe a subFolder.

Berton, Sep 20, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Sorry, posted at the same time.

Berton, Sep 20, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing empty folders from the control panel ... - Similar Threads - Removing empty folders

2. Is there a way to remove Bitlocker from the Control Panel and/or the computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to remove Bitlocker from the Control Panel and/or the computer?: As above. I had a laptop that was locked up with Bitlocker when I did not ask for it to be activated so I had no key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-remove-bitlocker-from-the/84afce09-0545-45bb-8852-a01b8992b55e
  3. Remove Recycle Bin and Control Panel from Navigation pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Recycle Bin and Control Panel from Navigation pane: Hello I want to remove these icons: [img] I tried changing the Attributes from these reg addresses for removing Recycle Bin: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\ShellFolder] "Attributes"=dword:b090010d...
  4. System Page in the Control Panel - REMOVED

System Page in the Control Panel - REMOVED: Hi, Since Windows 10’s October 2020 Update, this pane has been removed and replaced with the Windows 10 'settings' panel. Can the older pane be enabled manually? If not, due to this change certain information is no longer available. This also leads to issue with the...
  5. How do I remove an icon from the control panel??

How do I remove an icon from the control panel??: I removed flash player from my systems. However the flash player 32 bit icon remains in the control panel. How do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-icon-from-the-control-panel/82a64703-bad6-46b3-9f99-b2da07fa0b3b
  6. Windows 10 - 2004 Control Panel Empty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - 2004 Control Panel Empty: I just loaded Windows10-2004. Now when I try to go into the Control Panel the main window opens up, but if I click on any subject area the window tries to load for about 2 hours and then closes I have shutdown/sleep set for 5 hours. Other functions in the Start Menu work, but...
  7. How to remove the dysfunctional JAVA entry from Control Panel ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove the dysfunctional JAVA entry from Control Panel ?: [ATTACH] Clicking on that JAVA entry triggeres the following error message [ATTACH] Registry still contains 485 references to Java & Javanese The key starting with 26A24AE4-039D does not exist in my registry, so I can't delete it. C:\Windows\Systenm32\ contains no java...
  8. REMOVE a default folder from Controlled Folder Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REMOVE a default folder from Controlled Folder Access: We need a way to disable individual default Controlled Folder Access protected folders. As of this writing, the only way to install and use many programs, especially games, is to disable Controlled Folder Access entirely. Example: Many game applications require write access...
  9. how to remove empty folders and duplicate icons from control panel

how to remove empty folders and duplicate icons from control panel: I have a duplicate icon (Desktop Gadgets) that I would like to physically remove (not just hide) from the control panel, together with three empty folders (Windows Update, Performance Information and Tools, Biometrics). The icon is not a .cpl file, but an .exe file. 93846
  10. Unwanted folders in control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted folders in control panel: Hello, After upgrading to Win 10 I noticed three old folders that are unusable, which are circled in the below picture how can I get ride of them? [img] 21711