Windows 10: Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?

Discus and support Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there! Ever since the last Windows 10 update, the English (UK) keyboard layout appeared in my languages, and I cannot remove it. When I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nomadd7, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Nomadd7 Win User

Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?

Hello there!

Ever since the last Windows 10 update, the English (UK) keyboard layout appeared in my languages, and I cannot remove it. When I open Language Settings, the keyboard layout isn't there, so I can't remove it, but it is still present otherwise - please see the screenshot. Could you please help me remove this layout?

Thanks! Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10? 8ac38b20-543f-4c91-988c-3be8cce34b58?upload=true.png

:)

Nomadd7, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Lekden Win User

Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Can't remove English UK keyboard after windows update

Hey,

I updated my Windows 10 with the latest update over the weekend.

When I signed in today I found that my Default language was changed from English (US) to English (UK) and that the English(UK) keyboard was added as well.

I managed to change the default language back to English (US) by downloading the language pack but I can't seem to remove the UK keyboard at all.

When clicking the keyboard the Remove option is grayed out (as is the US keyboard's option).

To add to the weirdness, I also have another keyboard layout that doesn't appear in the list of keyboards or their Options.

Help?

Ashi Atlas, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?

Enabled UK keyboard layout not working

Hi Hugh,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the below steps and check if you are able to change keyboard to a UK layout. Follow the below steps.

• Type Region on the search bar and click on
      Region and language.

• Click on Add language and click on
      English
      and select UK eng.

• Click on the UK English and click on
      Option.

• Now click on add keyboard and select the
      keyboard.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?

1. Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Removing English keyboard

2. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  3. I can`t remove english uk keyboard layout on win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can`t remove english uk keyboard layout on win 11: Hi! I Can`t delete english uk keyboard layout. I tried to follow instructions step by step given on elevenforum.com including removing Keyboard identifier from registry but after restart I still have two english keyboard layout which is pissing me off....
  4. I can`t remove english uk keyboard layout on win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can`t remove english uk keyboard layout on win 11: Hi! I Can`t delete english uk keyboard layout. I tried to follow instructions step by step given on elevenforum.com including removing Keyboard identifier from registry but after restart I still have two english keyboard layout which is pissing me off....
  5. Can't remove UK keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove UK keyboard layout: Hello! I have noticed over the past month that I have an extra keyboard layout appearing. It is not displayed in the settings, only in the bottom menu. I have tried deleting it through the registry, which helped for a while, but the layout appeared again. How can I get rid of...
  6. Can't remove UK keyboard layout

Can't remove UK keyboard layout: Hello! I have noticed over the past month that I have an extra keyboard layout appearing. It is not displayed in the settings, only in the bottom menu. I have tried deleting it through the registry, which helped for a while, but the layout appeared again. How can I get rid of...
  7. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  8. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  9. How to remove English UK keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove English UK keyboard?: I have only three language inputs selected in settings: Japanese, Lithuanian and English US. However, for some reason in that quick switch language tab there is English UK keyboard. It all would be fine if not that " and @ signs are mixed and this is quite annoying. Can...
  10. Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout: Hi all, i just got a new Keyboard as a present from my son and its all good except the " and @ are the wrong way round. I have changed everything to UK and still this problem continues, does anyone have a solution to this problem, Thanx in advance for any help. Below is some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove english uk keyboard layout windows 10

2. english uk keyboard remove

3. remove us english keyboard windows 10