Windows 10: Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

Discus and support Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesJoey, Nov 17, 2021.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James

:)

JamesJoey, Nov 17, 2021

2. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Nov 17, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Task Manager - Startup tab

Start by right clicking on any column header, enable Startup type and Command line to see what kind of entry they are and, where they might be...

Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab [​IMG]

EDIT:
    Better yet, do as @Jacee suggested.

Edwin, Nov 17, 2021
  4. the jimmy Win User

Task Manager - Startup tab

Much better being able to see the command line, it was a utility I downloaded and since uninstalled, so I disabled them

Thanks to all for your time and knowledge

the jimmy, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab - Similar Threads - Removing Entries Task

2. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  3. Remove dead Startup programs or Invalid entries from Task Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remove dead Startup programs or Invalid entries from Task Manager in Windows 10: In the Windows 10 Task Manager, you can enable or disable items listed in the Startup tab, but no option is provided to delete the obsolete entries. With the continuous use of the PC, old entries may accumulate in the Startup tab as and when you uninstall programs that you no...
  4. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  5. Entries cannot be deleted in the Autostart tab of the Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Entries cannot be deleted in the Autostart tab of the Task Manager.: I have 3 entries in the Autostart tab, that can't be deleted via the registry or the tool CCleaner. I can deactivate them, but removal is not possible. What can I do to delete the entries? In the screenshot you can see the 3 deactivated Deaktiviert entries which I want to...
  6. Clean Startup entries on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean Startup entries on Task Manager: Hello everyone. I hope you all are doing well this days. So, well. My question is, how can I delete some 'void' entries on the Startup tab on the Task Manager. Here's my screen and what I want to delete. I suspect them are two old entries from uninstalled software. [img]...
  7. Remedy unidentified entry in Task Manager's StartUps ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remedy unidentified entry in Task Manager's StartUps ?: In Task Manager's StartUp there is an entry : 'PROGRAM', whose USEFUL Context Menu entries are greyed out. If 'Command Line' is ticked in the Context Menu of the Column Headings, the command line of ALL the entries becomes visible, thus identifying the programs - and they all...
  8. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  9. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  10. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...