Windows 10: removing files from one device only

Discus and support removing files from one device only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got a new surface pro...nice device. When one drive set up it put all the one drive files onto my new c drive. I didn't want that, so I unlinked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shabysheik, Feb 11, 2020.

1. removing files from one device only

I got a new surface pro...nice device.

When one drive set up it put all the one drive files onto my new c drive. I didn't want that, so I unlinked the surface from the one drive. I then set it up again so the one drive files were on a removable sd card also on the surface pro. So far so good.

Now One drive keeps saying that I have removed 1500 files from this device and do I want to remove them from one drive or restore them.

Well I don't want to remove them off one drive as I have several other computers that rely upon those files as well. But I also don't want to restore them back to the computer as I now have them on the 'd' sd card drive.

I don't get any other options like...'just leave them where they are and let's all go have a nice jug of beer'.

Any advice would be appreciated

:)

Shabysheik, Feb 11, 2020

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 11, 2020
  4. slozomby Win User

removing files from one device only

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

removing files from one device only

1. removing files from one device only - Similar Threads - removing files device

2. Removing One Drive from user files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing One Drive from user files?: When setting up the new computer Windows 11 made a backup file of my OneDrive account in This PC/Windows C: Users/MyName/OneDrive. The computer is a lemon and has to go back and I want to send it "clean." Can I safely remove these files without losing them? I am pretty sure I...
  3. Removing One Drive from user files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing One Drive from user files?: When setting up the new computer Windows 11 made a backup file of my OneDrive account in This PC/Windows C: Users/MyName/OneDrive. The computer is a lemon and has to go back and I want to send it "clean." Can I safely remove these files without losing them? I am pretty sure I...
  4. Wifi drops on only one device on only one network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi drops on only one device on only one network: Hello.I have an issue with my laptop and its internet connection.Laptop is an Asus TUF Gaming A172021 running windows 11.The problem I have is that for like a month or two now I have had connection drops when connected to my home wifi. The laptop is still connected to the...
  5. Wifi drops on only one device on only one network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi drops on only one device on only one network: Hello.I have an issue with my laptop and its internet connection.Laptop is an Asus TUF Gaming A172021 running windows 11.The problem I have is that for like a month or two now I have had connection drops when connected to my home wifi. The laptop is still connected to the...
  6. Removing files from One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing files from One Drive: I've just got a new PC and copied all my files from my external hard drive onto it. Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the paths and they all went onto One Drive, which I don't want to use - I prefer to have control over my stuff, not send it into space! I deleted One...
  7. Removing email account from one device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing email account from one device: I need to remove my email accounts from one Device without affecting my other devices. How do I go about achieving that? Thank you for your reply. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-email-account-from-one-device/609ba146-8ed9-4730-8da5-11072f8e6456
  8. Removing email account from one of my devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing email account from one of my devices.: I need to remove my email accounts from one Device without affecting my other devices. How do I go about achieving that? Thank you for your reply....
  9. Removing a file from one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing a file from one drive: I have a free one drive account. I made the mistake of adding my picture folder to one drive. Now I am almost out of space. I want to remove picture folder from one drive. I DO NOT want to remove the pictures from my computer. Since it was a very easy drag and drop solution...
  10. When deleting online-only icon on one device, removes from all devices.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When deleting online-only icon on one device, removes from all devices.: I picked up a new windows 10 laptop and saw that all my PC desktop icons showed up too. When I deleted the desktop icons on the laptop for programs not installed on it, the ones from the PC desktop were removed too! How do you stop this from happening? I don't have all the...