Windows 10: Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop

Discus and support Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently changed jobs. During COVID, I had my employee Microsoft account installed on my personal laptop to access OneDrive... etc. But I left that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Law Man Lou, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop

I recently changed jobs. During COVID, I had my employee Microsoft account installed on my personal laptop to access OneDrive... etc. But I left that job. I don't have access to that account anymore, or the work email it was built-on.Every time I start my laptop, it tells me there is a problem with my work account. I can't sign-in because I was rightfully cut-off by the former employer. But I can't delete the account from my laptop either. And I don't have that email account to reset the password. I don't want to get back in, I just want to remove it.I have seen numerous responses saying to go

:)

Law Man Lou, Dec 7, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 7, 2021
  3. Microsoft Account-Remove Cloud Backup of Personal Settings question

Hi,
    I looked at my Microsoft Account and under the Devices Menu at the top for my PC I noticed a More Actions dropdown list saying Remove cloud backup of personal settings which talks about turning off syncing first and then clicking on Remove button and then removing the PC from the backed up devices in OneDrive which is never listed in Windows 10. There is also another option in the More Actions dropdown menu for the PC in my Microsoft account saying Remove PC.
    For what purpose would you use these two options ? (Remove cloud backup of personal settings and Remove PC)

sportsfan148, Dec 7, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop

Microsoft To Do can now share lists from personal to work accounts

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...s/ba-p/1733030

Brink, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop

1. Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop - Similar Threads - Removing Former Microsoft

2. Cannot remove personal Hotmail account from Work laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove personal Hotmail account from Work laptop: At some point, I must have logged into a personal Microsoft product from my Work laptop, and now the personal email address account appears on my work device in the top left in account settings This old Hotmail account appears everywhere that my account is visible on my work...
  3. Cannot remove personal Hotmail account from Work laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove personal Hotmail account from Work laptop: At some point, I must have logged into a personal Microsoft product from my Work laptop, and now the personal email address account appears on my work device in the top left in account settings This old Hotmail account appears everywhere that my account is visible on my work...
  4. Unable to Remove a Former Work Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove a Former Work Account: I am trying to remove a former work account from my personal Windows 11 machine and I am unable. It only allows me to remove it if I log into the account but I no longer work at the company and my account has been closed. I simply want to remove the account on my machine....
  5. Unable to Remove a Former Work Account

Unable to Remove a Former Work Account: I am trying to remove a former work account from my personal Windows 11 machine and I am unable. It only allows me to remove it if I log into the account but I no longer work at the company and my account has been closed. I simply want to remove the account on my machine....
  6. Can't remove a work account from my personal laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove a work account from my personal laptop: At my last job, I had to use my personal laptop for Microsoft Teams so I added my @work email under "add an account". I don't work there anymore and it seems like my old work email has been purged or locked, so I can't disconnect the work email from my laptop. I want to...
  7. Can't remove a work account from my personal laptop

Can't remove a work account from my personal laptop: At my last job, I had to use my personal laptop for Microsoft Teams so I added my @work email under "add an account". I don't work there anymore and it seems like my old work email has been purged or locked, so I can't disconnect the work email from my laptop. I want to...
  8. Can't remove a work account from my personal laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop: I recently changed jobs. During COVID, I had my employee Microsoft account installed on my personal laptop to access OneDrive... etc. But I left that job. I don't have access to that account anymore, or the work email it was built-on.Every time I start my laptop, it tells me...
  10. Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Former Work Microsoft account from personal laptop: I recently changed jobs. During COVID, I had my employee Microsoft account installed on my personal laptop to access OneDrive... etc. But I left that job. I don't have access to that account anymore, or the work email it was built-on.Every time I start my laptop, it tells me...