Windows 10: Removing "Forth" User Name

Discus and support Removing "Forth" User Name in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am logged into my Microsoft Account as my user account on Windows 10 Pro. However, the name "Forth" keeps appearing in my file paths. For example:... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Forthewinwin, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Removing "Forth" User Name

I am logged into my Microsoft Account as my user account on Windows 10 Pro. However, the name "Forth" keeps appearing in my file paths. For example:

C:\Users\forth\Documents

How do I change "Forth" so it is my actual name?

:)

Forthewinwin, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Sign on screen User Name is wrong

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• How many user account do you have on your system?
    • Are you able to log-in to the system?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove the username from Credential Manager and check.

• Type credential Manager on the Windows search bar and select Credential Manager.
    • Now try removing the user name and password by clicking on the credential.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Removing "Forth" User Name

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Removing "Forth" User Name 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Removing "Forth" User Name

1. Removing "Forth" User Name - Similar Threads - Removing Forth User

2. How to get a user with a profanity as their profile name removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get a user with a profanity as their profile name removed: There is a user who’s comments appear very often on the Start news feeds who is using a profanity within their profile name. Besides the fact that every post is designed to inflame others and openly advocates violence, the use of a derogatory term in their profile is an...
  3. How to get a user with a profanity as their profile name removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get a user with a profanity as their profile name removed: There is a user who’s comments appear very often on the Start news feeds who is using a profanity within their profile name. Besides the fact that every post is designed to inflame others and openly advocates violence, the use of a derogatory term in their profile is an...
  4. Users folder name does name match user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  5. Users folder name does name match user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  6. user account name removal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user account name removal: I am using a second hand HP laptop which was purchased from a second hand dealers electrical store and it constantly shows downloads going into user file with dollar dealers name. Q. how do I find where to remove their name and have my own??...
  7. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  8. Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop: Merry Christmas, I bought a new laptop as a gift for my dad. Initially I used my MS login info to get the computer ready. My father doesnt have the computer knowledge to do so. Now I need to remove my login data and replace it with his. Can anyone please help me figure...
  9. Remove User's name from the logging in window.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove User's name from the logging in window.: Hi All, I am looking for as way to remove the user's name from displaying after credentials have been provided and the machine is logging in. Our login time is between 9 to 18 seconds depending on load I would prefer that the user's name is not displayed on screen during...
  10. How to remove User Name from Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove User Name from Start Menu?: Hi guys, Can you tell me how can I remove this? [img] 65970