Windows 10: Removing Game Mode from a Game...but really Chrome

Discus and support Removing Game Mode from a Game...but really Chrome in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I was using multiple-desktops in task mode. Opened my game switched to chrome while the game was loading, and wanted to get ready for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JDan23, Apr 10, 2019.

1. JDan23 Win User

Removing Game Mode from a Game...but really Chrome

So I was using multiple-desktops in task mode.

Opened my game switched to chrome while the game was loading, and wanted to get ready for a screenshot so I opened game mode.

So, because I was in chrome when I hit game mode I have now made Windows think that chrome is a game and it now opens the game bar when Chrome is open...

Not what I am wanting very annoying.

I can not find a setting where it lists the "suspected games" to open game bar with and want to remove chrome.

Any help in this is greatly appreciated.

Win 10, MSI Laptop, Updated drivers

:)

JDan23, Apr 10, 2019

2. Accidentally tagged applications as "Games" in game mode

Hi,

I accidentally tagged Chrome and Steam as "games" in game mode and now it is causing issues with using game mode and my system in general. How do I remove the tag in Game DVR?

What I was referring too.

• When playing a game, press the Windows logo key + G to open Game bar. You may see a screen asking if you want to open Game bar; select Yes, this is a game.

How do I reverse this?

Cheers,

Brian

* Moved from Insider

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Runkillfree, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Game Mode Win10

Hi,

Game Mode is automatically enabled to some games only. There are some games that require you to manually enable Game Mode before you can use this feature on your Windows 10 device.

To manually turn on Game Mode, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard + G.
    • Select Settings.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for Game Mode.

If you have any other queries, feel free to post your concerns here anytime.

Loraine Mon, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Removing Game Mode from a Game...but really Chrome

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Removing Game Mode from a Game...but really Chrome

1. Removing Game Mode from a Game...but really Chrome - Similar Threads - Removing Game Mode

2. Crashing of games and chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing of games and chrome: Hi all,My PC has been acting perfectly fine for a few years until one day when I pulled the plug out while my machine was running a game on accident and problems started to arise from there. I got the chrome "Aw Snap!" messages sometimes and then all my gamesstarted to crash...
  3. Crashing of games and chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing of games and chrome: Hi all,My PC has been acting perfectly fine for a few years until one day when I pulled the plug out while my machine was running a game on accident and problems started to arise from there. I got the chrome "Aw Snap!" messages sometimes and then all my gamesstarted to crash...
  4. Crashing of games and chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Gaming mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gaming mode: Hello my windows 10 pro N does not have a gaming mode and the Xbox game bar does not open and all the things to fix it require the gaming setting please can you tell me how to get it...
  6. Game Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Mode: Whenever I'm in a game and I change the level of the volume it shows the level in the top left but when it shows it the screen turns black for a second and also when the volume bar goes away. And it isn't just when I change the volume it happens whenever I get a notification...
  7. Game mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game mode: When open game mode (Win+G) it open so slow I have to wait for a few minutes without doing anything sometimes it doesn't even open I have 8GB ram Intel core i7 5500U And the school pc has 4GB ram but it opens instantly And it has Intel core i5-6400 submitted by /u/Berkay7...
  8. game mode missing from game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game mode missing from game bar: game mode is enabled on my pc , I opened multiple games in windowed and full-screen mode and pressed win+g and this only appeared please help me to make game mode toggle appear thanks[ATTACH]...
  9. Game mode gone from game bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game mode gone from game bar?: I tried to turn my game (boost) mode on windows 10 and realised that the icon is gone.Did microsoft disabled this feature in recent updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/game-mode-gone-from-game-bar/343e8305-8360-4494-b76b-9b7a3589ecd2
  10. Game Mode missing from game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Mode missing from game bar: I have done everything to try and fix this issue, I am aware the game mode button is missing from settings but on my game bar, the button is missing. I have a screenshot bellow, showing the issue. I just want this fixed! I see loads of posts saying "Just enable it on the game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game mode in chrome