Windows 10: removing info from bing or other search engines

Discus and support removing info from bing or other search engines in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, I check my profile on Bing once in a while. Recently the search with my name with middle initial should come up with about 2000. In the world... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ca18woody, Jan 6, 2022.

1. ca18woody Win User

removing info from bing or other search engines

Hey guys, I check my profile on Bing once in a while. Recently the search with my name with middle initial should come up with about 2000. In the world there are probably at most 20 PWTs. My search comes up with about 1.5 mil. Can I have myself and my info removed from Bing and Google, Linked In etc. If someone just keeps putting info up on the search engine, is there any way to take legal action? Looking forward to being molested by society in my next life. Thank you.

:)

ca18woody, Jan 6, 2022

2. Removing Bing as default search engine.

We appreciate the prompt response. In this case, let us check your browser settings and ensure that
    Bing is removed as the default search engine. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open your Firefox browser.
    • Click the Menu icon or the 3 bars icon.
    • Select Options.
    • Select Search.
    • Under Default Search Engine, select your preferred search engine from the drop down list.
    • Once you're done, close the search tab and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Removing Bing as default search engine.

Good thought. Unfortunately, Google is already the field value here. Bing is #3.

If I'm not mistaken, these settings change the search engine order and will not remove Bing from the list. Any change I make to the search order from within Tools>Options is persistent. It's the complete removal of Bing that I'm wondering about.

Geeked at Birth, Jan 6, 2022
  4. removing info from bing or other search engines

remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

This has been asked till the cows come home but the answers are scripted and never tested before the response to the question. I know that bing is an integral part of the Edge browser. I create my own search engine in the list but bing won't allow my search
    engine to be used. bing won't allow any other search engine to be used. I removed bing from the list and it still somehow grabs the positition of default search engine' grabs my criteria and performs the search. I'm looking to remove bing from searches performed
    in the addressbar on my taskbar and the addressbar of the browser.

Please test your answer on a regular Win 10 machine before you reply.

Thank you,

Gene

PS. All Windows updates have been done. Brand new machine with Windows 10 retail.

beemer1ggg, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

removing info from bing or other search engines

1. removing info from bing or other search engines - Similar Threads - removing info bing

2. REMOVE BING from my search engine easily without a technicia's degree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE BING from my search engine easily without a technicia's degree: how to remove Bing from search engine without an uncomplicated technician's degree. Can you provide an easy link to get it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-bing-from-my-search-engine-easily-without-a/4a1fe0e5-e9cb-421a-af34-8fdb6d5b69fb
  3. REMOVE BING from my search engine easily without a technicia's degree

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REMOVE BING from my search engine easily without a technicia's degree: how to remove Bing from search engine without an uncomplicated technician's degree. Can you provide an easy link to get it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-bing-from-my-search-engine-easily-without-a/4a1fe0e5-e9cb-421a-af34-8fdb6d5b69fb
  4. Stop Bing from coming up as a search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Bing from coming up as a search engine: I have removed it from the list Chrome settings, but I do a search and Bing shows up. I don't want Bing... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-bing-from-coming-up-as-a-search-engine/2f4096bf-2176-4c09-b867-8d8c23e267a6
  5. Stop Bing from coming up as a search engine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Bing from coming up as a search engine: I have removed it from the list Chrome settings, but I do a search and Bing shows up. I don't want Bing... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-bing-from-coming-up-as-a-search-engine/2f4096bf-2176-4c09-b867-8d8c23e267a6
  6. removing info from bing or other search engines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing info from bing or other search engines: Hey guys, I check my profile on Bing once in a while. Recently the search with my name with middle initial should come up with about 2000. In the world there are probably at most 20 PWTs. My search comes up with about 1.5 mil. Can I have myself and my info removed from Bing...
  7. remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge: This has been asked till the cows come home but the answers are scripted and never tested before the response to the question. I know that bing is an integral part of the Edge browser. I create my own search engine in the list but bing won't allow my search engine to be used....
  8. BING SEARCH ENGINE

in Windows 10 Customization
    BING SEARCH ENGINE: Whenever I click on Google Chrome I get BING. I want that to stop. HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-engine/ba5e3cd1-9db2-4f33-9d0c-8a1bcd9ed342
  9. Bing Search Engine

Bing Search Engine: I use Bing daily in Firefox (Edge is too cantankerous for me). Since this morning, when I type something in search, the first results are obscured by the search bar. I can't scroll up any further, but can scroll down to less qualifying results. I've made no changes to my...
  10. Bing search engine

in Browsers and Email
    Bing search engine: Can someone please help me? I have just registered on here, at the suggestion of someone from Firefox help forums. I am a senior person (still working) I have some pc knowledge, but not to technical especially with in depth stuff. My problem is I have FF as my default...