Windows 10: Removing Intel Security True Key .

Discus and support Removing Intel Security True Key . in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How, exactly does one get rid of this? I ran the "uninstall" from the program files, and it no longer appears in c:/program files. It also removed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by billt4g, Oct 11, 2016.

1. billt4g Win User

Removing Intel Security True Key .

How, exactly does one get rid of this? I ran the "uninstall" from the program files, and it no longer appears in c:/program files. It also removed the "Short Cut". However if I power off and then on again, It still appears at the login/passport window..

I can't find where this is living..

Any help out there??

:)

billt4g, Oct 11, 2016
  2. Jeff.Rash Win User

Removing Intel Security True Key

We haven't been able to uninstall it fully, but you can disable it by running these two registry changes and rebooting. This fix assumes you have this particular version (1.26.0.4444). You may need to substitute a different registry Key in your situation.

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\Credential Providers\{B12744B8-5BB7-463a-B85E-BB7627E73002}\NoWrap\{B7724AE5-1135-4889-8A5F-CA98BE6CA1ED}"

REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\Credential Providers\{B12744B8-5BB7-463a-B85E-BB7627E73002}\Wrap\{B7724AE5-1135-4889-8A5F-CA98BE6CA1ED}" /f

And as always, consult the Microsoft disclaimer about editing your registry. So, if you break something... Removing Intel Security True Key . :)

Jeff.Rash, Oct 11, 2016
  3. Removing Intel Security True Key

Hi,

For further assistance regarding that issue, kindly refer to this
    link
    to get in touch with one of our representatives.

Regards.

Gemzon Mar, Oct 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 11, 2016
  5. billt4g Win User
    Yes I read that. but still I could not find it in the Control Panel/Programs and features,
    however I Did find a Directory C:/Program Files/Intel Security/True Key. This directory has a "uninstall" file, Which I have run. The Whole Intel Security/True Key directory disappears along with the desktop shortcut. So job done? Well not exactly, as I then turned my system off and on again, and guess what - It still appears in the bottom left corner of my login/Password screen, as an option to skip the password. If you press this then "bam" it reinserts itself all over again... See:-

truekey.pdf

So where is it hiding, and how can I remove it??

billt4g, Oct 12, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ok, as you have a folder and an exe, install Revo Uninstaller (free/commercial - just search for it), Force uninstall, browse to the exe and uninstall, let it scan for remnants.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing Intel Security True Key . - Similar Threads - Removing Intel Security

2. Can't remove security key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't remove security key: Hi Microsoft Team I have been getting in my PC after boot up or trying to unlock it that primary sign in option is Security KeyI have never used or set up this as I only use traditional password.I have been unable to remove this option from the Sign in Options and no idea why...
  3. Can't remove security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove security key: Hi Microsoft Team I have been getting in my PC after boot up or trying to unlock it that primary sign in option is Security KeyI have never used or set up this as I only use traditional password.I have been unable to remove this option from the Sign in Options and no idea why...
  4. Can't remove security key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I login with True Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I login with True Key: Can I login Windows with McAfee True key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-login-with-true-key/e2a8b1cc-1d98-4043-a419-7eed25af4018
  6. Can't remove windows security key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't remove windows security key: I never set it up and I don't have a key. I can't sign in to any accounts since it always pops open the "need security key." No I can't just turn it off since managing the security key in sign-in options require a security key.Is there any way to remove this short of factory...
  7. Can't remove security key

Can't remove security key: Hello, when I signed into a Microsoft site today a popup asking for my Windows Hello pin wich is fine. Biut under the pin option is, "use secure key" when i select it, it asks me to insert said usb key... I do not have one or have never set one up. On windows 10 in...
  8. Acronis True Image or Windows Security

Acronis True Image or Windows Security: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  9. True Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    True Key: Why has this appeared all of a sudden?? Googled it and it looks like something to do with McAfee, and after some time you have to pay, Help again, whats all that about? and how can I get rid of it?? Win10 149093
  10. Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true

in Windows 10 Support
    Drivers being removed - PersistAllDevicesInstalls = true: Hi, One image, no need for MDT or Dell Kace\Symantec Altiris. Normally I would agree but for one model laptop in this environment most likely will not happen. In the Generalize section of unattend.xml PersistAllDevicesInstalls is set to True. Execute sysprep \oobe...