Windows 10: Removing Intrusive Adblocker Notifications

Discus and support Removing Intrusive Adblocker Notifications in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I keep receiving intrusive ads from my security / ad blockers on both my laptop and my work computers. Neither computers use the same software, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PATP0W, Dec 19, 2019.

1. /u/PATP0W Win User

Removing Intrusive Adblocker Notifications

I keep receiving intrusive ads from my security / ad blockers on both my laptop and my work computers. Neither computers use the same software, but both of the services keep popping up intrusively by the notification center in the bottom right hand corner.

Here's an example of the McAfee ad from my personal laptop: https://imgur.com/a/4PiLsjk

Does anyone know what setting I would have to edit to stop this behavior?

submitted by /u/PATP0W
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PATP0W, Dec 19, 2019
  2. makisxxx Win User

Edge+AdBlocker

Hello guys
    any good adblocker for Edge? I'm frustrated with those ads I added some adblock list in my Host but seems is not working.
    any suggestions?

makisxxx, Dec 19, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Dec 19, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Adblock Plus sells out its users for money - unblocks ads

It doesn't really matter which one's pay, if you turn off the "acceptable ads".

How to turn off "acceptable ads":
    Spoiler
    However, if you are still seeing ads, and such... you may be using the wrong lists or need to report the ads to the list keepers sites.

>This is a list of actively maintained filter subscriptions.< Also, in this subscription list you can other lists which block social media sites, those stupid "we require cookies" stuff, malware site lists, scam site lists, and privacy protection.

However, remember the more lists you add, the longer the search through them, so it may delay your browsing.

Quote from ABP on this:
    Spoiler
    Quote from ABP site on choosing the right list:
    Spoiler
    If you happen to be a poor typist or misspell sometimes, then URL fixer may help in FF.

95Viper, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Removing Intrusive Adblocker Notifications - Similar Threads - Removing Intrusive Adblocker

2. INTRUSION

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    INTRUSION: When the power supply is cut outside my door, my pc will get to shutdown. In this case a small battery plugged in my pc would be useful? Or any other good idea do you have? If so, it would be grateful to let me know how to do. Intrusions happen frequently even though when I...
  3. INTRUSION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTRUSION: When the power supply is cut outside my door, my pc will get to shutdown. In this case a small battery plugged in my pc would be useful? Or any other good idea do you have? If so, it would be grateful to let me know how to do. Intrusions happen frequently even though when I...
  4. INTRUSION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. TOTAL Adblock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TOTAL Adblock: How do I remove the expired prompts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/total-adblock/1c434334-c3e8-4236-9fb9-abdc44112628
  6. Remove Ads , total Adblock

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Remove Ads , total Adblock: This thing is unremoveble ??? look into all you options which dont work , made it an ap and removed it and st6ill came back hounting me like the wors of all things I ever removed , and its an microsoft thing ???????...
  7. Adblock .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adblock .: I request that you remove AdBlock from my email. I called a few weeks ago, and was transferred from person to person. No one spoke to me after I told them the subject of my call. So, please remove AdBlock. You put it there without my permission or knowledge. I cannot put my...
  8. ADBLOCKER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ADBLOCKER: HI How do i disable Ad BLOCKER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adblocker/1e9f2e56-fbce-463d-8e91-04865035e902"
  9. How can I get rid of this intrusive notification?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I get rid of this intrusive notification?: Two or three times a day, I get this intrusive pop up notification, and of course it happens on my swing while driving, or putting while playing golf online. How do I get rid of this crap. I have NEVER EVER had Webroot Security shut off. Never. How can they tell me that,...
  10. Edge+AdBlocker

in Browsers and Email
    Edge+AdBlocker: Hello guys any good adblocker for Edge? I'm frustrated with those ads I added some adblock list in my Host but seems is not working. any suggestions? 38460