Windows 10: Removing keyboard layout that isn't showing up in 'Languages' settings

Discus and support Removing keyboard layout that isn't showing up in 'Languages' settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to remove "English (US), US Keyboard" from my system but its not even showing up in the language tab. How do I remove it? Here is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spunc1, Apr 13, 2020.

1. /u/spunc1 Win User

Removing keyboard layout that isn't showing up in 'Languages' settings

/u/spunc1, Apr 13, 2020
  2. ryloth Win User

Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout

Dear dalchina,
    thank you for the reply, but I am probably missing something.
    As you can see from the attached picture, language settings DOES NOT list the keyboard layout I want to remove (ENG INTL). So, how can I remove a layout that is not listed in the Language settings?

Gianluca

Removing keyboard layout that isn't showing up in 'Languages' settings [​IMG]

ryloth, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Lekden Win User
    Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Removing keyboard layout that isn't showing up in 'Languages' settings

Remove secondary keyboard language.

Hi Jacob,

Removing a keyboard layout can be done through Control Panel and
    Settings. Before doing so, make sure that the language pack of your preferred keyboard layout is installed on your computer. To remove a keyboard layout through
    Control Panel, here's how:

• Go to Control Panel. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click
      Add a language.
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to remove, then click Options
      > Remove.

To remove a keyboard layout through Settings, refer to these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to delete, then click Remove.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Removing keyboard layout that isn't showing up in 'Languages' settings

1. Removing keyboard layout that isn't showing up in 'Languages' settings - Similar Threads - Removing keyboard layout

2. How do I remove a keyboard layout which isn't showing up in the settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a keyboard layout which isn't showing up in the settings?: I have a keyboard layout Arabic Bahrain 102 which I set up at installation of windows, Later I realized that I needed 101 not 102. But when I try to go to the settings to remove this language it doesn't show in the list but it does show up in the language list when I try to...
  3. How do I remove a keyboard layout which isn't showing up in the settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a keyboard layout which isn't showing up in the settings?: I have a keyboard layout Arabic Bahrain 102 which I set up at installation of windows, Later I realized that I needed 101 not 102. But when I try to go to the settings to remove this language it doesn't show in the list but it does show up in the language list when I try to...
  4. How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings: Hi everyone!I cannot remove two languages from keyboard layouts. There are only two in settings and they cannot be removed any way I've tried. I tried to remove them through the settings, manually, through the console and I still do not succeed, I still do not understand how...
  5. How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings: Hi everyone!I cannot remove two languages from keyboard layouts. There are only two in settings and they cannot be removed any way I've tried. I tried to remove them through the settings, manually, through the console and I still do not succeed, I still do not understand how...
  6. Language/keyboard layout not in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language/keyboard layout not in settings: Hi, I just got a new Win10 laptop (which I looooove btw) and there appears to be an unwanted keyboard layout skulking about. When I click the language tile (next to date/time) or use the Win + space shortcut, 3 languages are listed: English UK, German, and, unwantedly,...
  7. Remove keyboard layout setting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove keyboard layout setting.: I have my PC set on English UK, because for fixing stuff it's always more useful to have all the settings in English, easier to troubleshoot. My keyboard is the German layout, though. I have also installed the IME Japanese keyboard so I can write in kana. Now, my issue is,...
  8. New Settings layout isn't showing up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Settings layout isn't showing up.: Windows has updates its settings app layout which looks good, it has some account information and Windows security information but sadly my settings app has that same old look. I'm on Windows 10 v2004. I tried searching over internet but in vain. Help me out, please....
  9. Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout: I keep having an annoying problem. I have only 1 language with 1 keyboard layout in Language settings [img] But the system keep changing keyboard layout (when restarting or resuming from sleep) Indeed, if I press WIN+SPACE I can see both layouts! [img] I can I remove...
  10. Available keyboard layout that does not show up in settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Available keyboard layout that does not show up in settings: [img] On the left is what I see if I click the language button near the clock near the tray. On the right is what I see in settings. The default English keyboard is missing in settings, so I cannot remove it. I wish to remove it to only have Romanian(Programmers). Is there...