Windows 10: removing KMS host activation in newly built pc

Discus and support removing KMS host activation in newly built pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I recently bought a PC from a local store in my country and the technician asked me if i want windows to be installed with a fee of course. Upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by gelorawr, Aug 3, 2021.

1. gelorawr Win User

removing KMS host activation in newly built pc

Hi I recently bought a PC from a local store in my country and the technician asked me if i want windows to be installed with a fee of course. Upon checking, he activated my windows through a KMS Host from which i found out to be from msguides blog. I searched for ways to remove it and i stumbled upon using slmgr.vbs /upk to remove the license key but everytime I reboot or turn on the computer, it keeps on automatically updating it. i think the KMS host or whatever is automatically "re-activating" it. i scanned my pc using windows defender and malwarebytes but it didn't pick up any scripts or

:)

gelorawr, Aug 3, 2021
  2. MarPtk Win User

KMS host phone activation does not work

Hi,

I’m trying to set up a KMS host and I have a following problem: It is going to be a computer running on Win10 Pro and it will activate OS Win10 Pro on computers in a closed network (neither host nor clients are able to be connected to internet at any
    time). When I put in the KMS host key (slmgr.vbs /ipk XXX-XXXX…) and run slui.exe 4 an error appears „ Can't activate windows by phone".

The product key is certainly correct – when I connected the PC into another network which has access to internet (just to try it out) I was able to activate the KMS host online (slmgr.vbs /ato) and the KMS was running without a problem and receiving
    activation requests by other computers with the same gateway.

Any idea why I can’t activate it over phone?

MarPtk, Aug 3, 2021
  3. KMS host on Windows 10

Hello everyone,

Can I configure my Windows 10 machine as a KMS host to activate other clients windows 10 machines? I have Windows 10 pro KMS key. I dont have Active Directory enviroment. My machine is in Workgroup.

Ilyas Novruzlu, Aug 3, 2021
  4. removing KMS host activation in newly built pc

Setting up Server 2016 KMS Host for Windows 10

I'm trying to set up a Server 2016 KMS host for activation of Windows 10. Getting Error: 0xC004F015

I get the error using the GUI with Volume Activation Tools and I also get the error when trying to run the command line "slmgr.vbs /ipk [KMS License]

Can you not set up the Host on a 2016 Server?

Any help would be appreciated. This issue is setting us back from removing our Windows 7 PCs and putting in Windows 10.

Thanks,

Boulder

Boulder909, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

removing KMS host activation in newly built pc

1. removing KMS host activation in newly built pc - Similar Threads - removing KMS host

2. Realtek not working on newly built pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek not working on newly built pc: I recently built a new pc and I realized right away that I am able to use my headphones connected through an interface and can use audio coming through my monitor with an HDMI. But I cannot use speakers plugged directly into my motherboard. I have uninstalled/reinstalled...
  3. Remove KMS Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove KMS Activation: Sorry if my english is badRecently, out of curiosity and for experimenting, i activated my windows against a kms server which i found on youtube. I already have a windows 11 pro digital license and i know how to get it back. I opened cmd as administrator and typed slmgr.vbs...
  4. Remove KMS Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove KMS Activation: Sorry if my english is badRecently, out of curiosity and for experimenting, i activated my windows against a kms server which i found on youtube. I already have a windows 11 pro digital license and i know how to get it back. I opened cmd as administrator and typed slmgr.vbs...
  5. Newly built pc Help! please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newly built pc Help! please: Hi, So everything was going great until i tried to install windows 10 from a pre made windows 10 installation usb bought from amazon. error message: Windows failed to start then says.. The operating system couldnt be loaded because the system registry file is missing or...
  6. Newly built PC crashed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly built PC crashed: Hi, I just built a pc but it just crashed on me and I'm trying to figure it out. is there a way to figure out why my PC crashed using a .dmp file? All i see in there is unknown characters. Here's the link to the file...
  7. Newly built pc help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newly built pc help: So ive got my pc all built and set up. I have windows 10 on a laptop, and got windows 10 education for free. So i know theres a media creation tool, do i just use that and then enter the product key once i put the usb in the pc and boot it up? submitted by /u/Hballzz...
  8. newly built pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...
  9. Windows not Activating on my newly built PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not Activating on my newly built PC: Hi Community, I've been using an Intel Core i-5 4670K with an ASUS motherboard build for years (since 2013). Back then I was in university. The university portal gave the students access to official Microsoft products through their licence agreement with Microsoft. When...
  10. Newly built PC, can't activate windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Newly built PC, can't activate windows.: Hi all, Throughout this week I bought and built my new PC after the old one had mobo issues. I just finished installing Windows 10 on the new system but it won't let me activate. I fiddled around in my Microsoft account and though that removing the old PC(s) would help...