Windows 10: Removing language files not working

Discus and support Removing language files not working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi guys, new machine, did a bunch of installs, and at some point i installed an extra language pack for italian, then uninstalled. however every time i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gabgab, May 4, 2021.

1. gabgab Win User

Removing language files not working

hi guys, new machine, did a bunch of installs, and at some point i installed an extra language pack for italian, then uninstalled. however every time i do disk cleanup > system files, i always have the language files there, about 1GB how can i clean that for good? tried to restart and also from storage menu, still there thanks! gab

:)

gabgab, May 4, 2021

2. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, May 4, 2021
  3. avi12641 Win User
    Prevent language from automatically being changed

• Since Keyla has stopped working.
    • Two.
    • When I test if the language stays after switching between programs - I switch to a different program, then switch the language, then switch to the previous program.
    The steps you suggested didn't work, as I don't want to remove any of the languages.

avi12641, May 4, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

?remove language from language list in language indicator

Hi Mahamedsamy,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to remove language.

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Select a language and click on Remove.
    Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Removing language files not working - Similar Threads - Removing language files

2. Force remove language removes more than one language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force remove language removes more than one language: I have three keyboard options as in my attached image.I want to have two - English and Lithuanian.I've followed steps in this thread:...
  3. Force remove language removes more than one language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force remove language removes more than one language: I have three keyboard options as in my attached image.I want to have two - English and Lithuanian.I've followed steps in this thread:...
  4. Why Removing the Language Resource Files Instead of Keeping the Language Resource Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Removing the Language Resource Files Instead of Keeping the Language Resource Files?: I would not remove the Language Resource Files. I want to keep the Language Resource Files. How can I keep the Language Resource Files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-removing-the-language-resource-files-instead/704c2653-5314-4676-b1b2-3a4f7eea1f03
  5. Why Removing the Language Resource Files Instead of Keeping the Language Resource Files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Removing the Language Resource Files Instead of Keeping the Language Resource Files?: I would not remove the Language Resource Files. I want to keep the Language Resource Files. How can I keep the Language Resource Files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-removing-the-language-resource-files-instead/704c2653-5314-4676-b1b2-3a4f7eea1f03
  6. Why Removing the Language Resource Files Instead of Keeping the Language Resource Files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Display language removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display language removal: Please don't tell me to go to settings, time and language and after that to language & region just to tell me to install some other language pack and then to just select that one. My problem starts with the fact that I have already done that, I have windows 11 installed in...
  8. Remove language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove language: Hi I have problem which is display language. whenever I type i got issue which two language for english US & UK. I tried to check with powershell (by typing this command: Get-WinUserLanguageList) its only show me two language Arabic and English. is there a way to...
  9. Removing a language keyboard

Removing a language keyboard: Hey, would love to remove a language keyboard from my computer, currently on my language settings only english appears, but I have two keyboard layouts, one for english and the unwanted keyboard is "Afrikan," now I have no idea how it appeared but it's there. I tried to...
  10. Language Removing

Language Removing: Hi, I had a problem with removing US keyboard from my windows 10. one of the solutions said " add another US keyboard like Canada the remove United state keyboard then remove Canada" I did it and it works with me till I restart my Computer, now I have 3 English keyboards "...