Windows 10: Removing language files not working

Discus and support Removing language files not working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi guys, new machine, did a bunch of installs, and at some point i installed an extra language pack for italian, then uninstalled. however every time i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gabgab, May 4, 2021 at 8:57 AM.

1. gabgab Win User

Removing language files not working

hi guys, new machine, did a bunch of installs, and at some point i installed an extra language pack for italian, then uninstalled. however every time i do disk cleanup > system files, i always have the language files there, about 1GB how can i clean that for good? tried to restart and also from storage menu, still there thanks! gab

:)

2. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, May 4, 2021 at 6:59 PM
  3. avi12641 Win User
    Prevent language from automatically being changed

• Since Keyla has stopped working.
    • Two.
    • When I test if the language stays after switching between programs - I switch to a different program, then switch the language, then switch to the previous program.
    The steps you suggested didn't work, as I don't want to remove any of the languages.

4. Pavan_N Win User

?remove language from language list in language indicator

Hi Mahamedsamy,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to remove language.

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Select a language and click on Remove.
    Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Thema:

1. Removing language files not working - Similar Threads - Removing language files

2. Removing a Hidden Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing a Hidden Language: On Windows 10, I am unable to remove the DutchNetherlands language from the language preferences tab in the taskbar. I have enabled both English UK and English US and have deleted DutchNL language through Settings. The language does not show in the "Preferred Languages"...
  3. To remove input language

To remove input language: The language seen in the language bar in the taskbar is not seen in the preferred languages of the settings. How can i remove the languages which is not seen in the settings. In the language bar in the taskbar, HIndi and Tamil language are seen, but when i tried to remove it...
  4. Can't Remove Language

Can't Remove Language: Hello, I'm having some problems with language settings that I can't remove, when I press the windows button + space bar, it appears 4 languages, en-us and pt-br, and the other two is the same language but its a different format, the formats that I use is Portuguese Brazil...
  5. Remove language

Remove language: Hi I have problem which is display language. whenever I type i got issue which two language for english US & UK. I tried to check with powershell (by typing this command: Get-WinUserLanguageList) its only show me two language Arabic and English. is there a way to...
  6. Removing a language keyboard

Removing a language keyboard: How can one remove a language keyboard? The MS instructions online are from 2016 and don't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-language-keyboard/824f449a-3307-445b-a6b0-130890614f5f
  7. language pack removal

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    language pack removal: At present some cumulative updates fail to install (I will go back to an earlier Macrium image), What wonders me is that repeatedly system restore points were created with the text: Language Pack Removal. Any clue? 132475
  8. Removing a language keyboard

Removing a language keyboard: Hey, would love to remove a language keyboard from my computer, currently on my language settings only english appears, but I have two keyboard layouts, one for english and the unwanted keyboard is "Afrikan," now I have no idea how it appeared but it's there. I tried to...
  9. Language Removing

Language Removing: Hi, I had a problem with removing US keyboard from my windows 10. one of the solutions said " add another US keyboard like Canada the remove United state keyboard then remove Canada" I did it and it works with me till I restart my Computer, now I have 3 English keyboards "...
  10. Remove Unwanted Languages

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Unwanted Languages: Good day, I have a HP notebook that I upgraded to windows 10, version 1803 home edition. I am trying to figure out why I am getting multiple languages downloaded when I think I have all the settings set to US (English). I have attached a .doc file that list the files that are...