Windows 10: Removing leftover windows update file?

Discus and support Removing leftover windows update file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday i clean windows update file from system setting > storage > Free up space. Because this already in the middle of the night and the progress... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikelferdinan, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Removing leftover windows update file?

Yesterday i clean windows update file from system setting > storage > Free up space. Because this already in the middle of the night and the progress take too long also i think its stuck in "purging: windows update cleanup" status so i turn off my pc and continue tomorrow. And today i try to run free up space again to continue, but those windows update file are gone. At the first i think the progress already done when i turn off my pc but its doesnt because i check my hard drive space its only increasing 1gb. And those windows update file size is around 4gb so there is 3gb leftover file in my computer. But i cant find it. How do i remove this ?

:)

mikelferdinan, Jun 24, 2019

2. how to remove MCAFE leftover files?

how to remove MCAFE leftover files?

Mikeranjbar, Jun 24, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Motim Win User

Removing leftover windows update file?

AVG leftovers

Hello,
    Almost two months since I uninstalled this AVG antivirus using their special removal tool, then searched for leftover files and deleted them manually, did the same in the registry.
    Recently while using CCleaner, noticed there is still an AVG leftover in the installed programs list, "Visual Studio 2012 x86 Redistributables".
    Is "Microsoft Visual C++" the same, then I can remove this AVG leftover ?
    Attached screenshot.
    Answers will be appreciated
    Thanks

Motim, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Removing leftover windows update file?

1. Removing leftover windows update file? - Similar Threads - Removing leftover update

2. Removing leftovers from previous Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Removing leftovers from previous Windows 10 installation: Hello,I installed Windows 10 again because of some problems. I removed Windows.old folder from Storage Sense. But not everything is removed : For example, I found that I have some Autorun and Startup entries in the registry, in HKEY_USERS. I deleted some, but others are...
  3. Unable to remove leftover bulky files from Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove leftover bulky files from Forza Horizon 4: A couple months back I reset my pc but kept my personal files, this deleted all my apps but kept some files including many from Forza Horizon 4 on my D drive.When I go to install the game on the microsoft store the install button does not do anything on the D drive but will...
  4. Can not remove leftovers from forza

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not remove leftovers from forza: Im trying to remove Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_XXXXXXXXXX but I don't have permission. I gave myself permission and now It says I need permission from myself DESKTOP-XXXXXXX/madse...
  5. Leftover from update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Leftover from update: Hi, I got a windows.old file after the 20H1-H2 update. I've found in the thread, closed now, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windowsold-normally-appear-after-win-10/3d1ecdec-844f-40bb-a115-1b4e8a7c7985 that I can safely get rid of this, and how. I...
  6. How to remove leftover OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove leftover OneDrive folder: Basically I removed an old institutional account from my pc and removed it from one drive, or at least I thought because it's still in the file manager since then (more than 3 months ago) and I can't find a way to remove it. I have another personal folder + another...
  7. Removing leftover windows update file?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removing leftover windows update file?: Yesterday i clean windows update file from system setting > storage > Free up space. Because this already in the middle of the night and the progress take too long also i think its stuck in "purging: windows update cleanup" status so i turn off my pc and continue tomorrow....
  8. Unable to remove leftover files from Forza 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove leftover files from Forza 4: While cleaning out my drives I noticed at 69gb file that seems to be from Forza 4 remaining Under WindowsApp > Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame. However I lack the permissions to both view, and delete this file. https://gyazo.com/12b04cd73199efa3372bcf3b3e9afb34 I am not...
  9. Leftovers registry files

in Windows 10 Support
    Leftovers registry files: I just manually uninstall some apps from my computer and i was thinking about some leftover registry files because i uninstall it manually without uninstaller. Do i need to clean my registry with 3rd software? If so what should i use? Or i can just safely ignore them? Also i...
  10. How to manually remove leftover files with Admin command prompt...

in Windows 10 Support
    How to manually remove leftover files with Admin command prompt...: I'm getting this errors on the admin event viewer. The all seem to be from left over junk from a VMWare virtual machine I uninstalled. Is there a way to remove them using admin command prompt...Thanks... [img] 87371