Windows 10: Removing leftovers from previous Windows 10 installation

Discus and support Removing leftovers from previous Windows 10 installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,I installed Windows 10 again because of some problems. I removed Windows.old folder from Storage Sense. But not everything is removed : For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NikolaMiljevski, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Removing leftovers from previous Windows 10 installation

Hello,I installed Windows 10 again because of some problems. I removed Windows.old folder from Storage Sense. But not everything is removed : For example, I found that I have some Autorun and Startup entries in the registry, in HKEY_USERS. I deleted some, but others are protected and can't be deleted. Also there may be others that I have still not found.I would like to delete all such leftovers. Is it good idea and is it possible to do? If so, how?

:)

NikolaMiljevski, Aug 25, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 25, 2021
  3. DRDNA Win User
    3DMARK05 no install (remove previous version)

Just like the title says .I couldnt remove old install with add remove so I removed all folders and registry entries for 3DMARK05 but still same error remove previous version then the app stops the install . Big Time Bummer*Bang Head :banghead:

DRDNA, Aug 25, 2021
  4. Removing leftovers from previous Windows 10 installation

Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

Removing leftovers from previous Windows 10 installation

1. Removing leftovers from previous Windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - Removing leftovers previous

2. Removing Previous Windows installations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Previous Windows installations: I have 4GB left on my primary C: drive and I want to free up space, I have used storage sense to see what is taking up the most data. Previous Windows installations is using 72.5GB, I want to know whether it is safe to delete this? I'm currently on Windows 10 and don't plan...
  3. Removing Previous Windows installations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Previous Windows installations: I have 4GB left on my primary C: drive and I want to free up space, I have used storage sense to see what is taking up the most data. Previous Windows installations is using 72.5GB, I want to know whether it is safe to delete this? I'm currently on Windows 10 and don't plan...
  4. Removing Previous Windows installations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can not remove leftovers from forza

Can not remove leftovers from forza: Im trying to remove Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_XXXXXXXXXX but I don't have permission. I gave myself permission and now It says I need permission from myself DESKTOP-XXXXXXX/madse...
  6. Leftover from update

Leftover from update: Hi, I got a windows.old file after the 20H1-H2 update. I've found in the thread, closed now, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windowsold-normally-appear-after-win-10/3d1ecdec-844f-40bb-a115-1b4e8a7c7985 that I can safely get rid of this, and how. I...
  7. Unable to delete leftovers folder from previous windows install

Unable to delete leftovers folder from previous windows install: Hi, I'm unable to delete a folder getting the Folder Access Denied window. I have tried deleting by: rmdir /q /s LEFTOV~1 but still get the error below: LEFTOV~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DAO\dao360.dll - Access is denied. LEFTOV~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\ink\Alphabet.xml - Access...
  8. Removing leftover windows update file?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removing leftover windows update file?: Yesterday i clean windows update file from system setting > storage > Free up space. Because this already in the middle of the night and the progress take too long also i think its stuck in "purging: windows update cleanup" status so i turn off my pc and continue tomorrow....
  9. Removing leftover windows update file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing leftover windows update file?: Yesterday i clean windows update file from system setting > storage > Free up space. Because this already in the middle of the night and the progress take too long also i think its stuck in "purging: windows update cleanup" status so i turn off my pc and continue tomorrow....
  10. Unable to remove leftover files from Forza 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove leftover files from Forza 4: While cleaning out my drives I noticed at 69gb file that seems to be from Forza 4 remaining Under WindowsApp > Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame. However I lack the permissions to both view, and delete this file. https://gyazo.com/12b04cd73199efa3372bcf3b3e9afb34 I am not...