Windows 10: Removing Licenses from previous computers From Microsoft account.

Discus and support Removing Licenses from previous computers From Microsoft account. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I've just recently finished an updated computer build in which I changed everything except for the GPU and Hard Disks I was using, and upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AustinLDay66, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Removing Licenses from previous computers From Microsoft account.

Hello,

I've just recently finished an updated computer build in which I changed everything except for the GPU and Hard Disks I was using, and upon Windows 10 Pro install I am unable to activate Windows as the license I purchased has been utilized too many times, that being said I am no longer using either of the other PC's that are linked to my account (They've been long since re-formatted) and I'm wondering if there is a way to remove those licenses from the said PC's so I can re-use them on others to save myself from having to buy ANOTHER license.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Respectfully,

Austin

:)

AustinLDay66, Dec 5, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 5, 2019
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Removing Licenses from previous computers From Microsoft account.

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Removing Licenses from previous computers From Microsoft account. [​IMG]

MCardona81, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Removing Licenses from previous computers From Microsoft account.

1. Removing Licenses from previous computers From Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Removing Licenses previous

2. Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop: I was given a Dell laptop, the previous owner is now back in the US, I am in Thailand.When I go to Settings - Accounts his name comes up under 'Administrator'I am logged in with my Microsoft account.How do I remove him as the Administrator ?Thanks in advance.........
  3. Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop: I was given a Dell laptop, the previous owner is now back in the US, I am in Thailand.When I go to Settings - Accounts his name comes up under 'Administrator'I am logged in with my Microsoft account.How do I remove him as the Administrator ?Thanks in advance.........
  4. Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.: Hi! I want to remove my Microsoft account from a laptop, but I don't see a remove button anywhere. It's the admin account. Can I remove it just from the laptop?...
  6. I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.: Hi! I want to remove my Microsoft account from a laptop, but I don't see a remove button anywhere. It's the admin account. Can I remove it just from the laptop?...
  7. Can't remove Microsoft account from school computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove Microsoft account from school computer: Hello. I got a brand new Microsoft laptop and I was messing with the controls, trying to get used to it. I accidentily added my account. I tried to remove it but there's no option to. I searched all over the internet. Since mine is a school, I can't login into administrator...
  8. How to remove computers from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove computers from Microsoft account: I am showing 4 or 5 computers in my Microsoft account How do I remove the ones I don't have anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-computers-from-microsoft-account/93cd67bf-1c4e-4ac9-ab23-9b23969b73a3
  9. remove previous owners account from device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove previous owners account from device: hi community i purchased my second-hand laptop from a friend of a friend and i no longer have and cannot presently contact with the seller. I am trying to add my Microsoft account to the device but unfortunately the account belonging to the previous owner is still present....
  10. Removing the previous employee from computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing the previous employee from computer: I'm working on the same computer as a previous employee. I've moved all of her files to an external drive and exported her email to a .pst file. Now, I want to completely remove her. She and I both have Office 365 accounts and I don't want her to lose her data but I need to...