Windows 10: Removing live tiles (?) Not sure what they're called from Desktop

Discus and support Removing live tiles (?) Not sure what they're called from Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm transitioning to a PC after using a Macbook Pro for many years. Tonight my desktop starting showing these live tiles (?), I'm not certain what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ceevee, Feb 13, 2017.

1. ceevee Win User

Removing live tiles (?) Not sure what they're called from Desktop

I'm transitioning to a PC after using a Macbook Pro for many years. Tonight my desktop starting showing these live tiles (?), I'm not certain what they're called, on the left of my screen. I'd rather not see them and simply see my desktop. It seems like it's also making my desktop slightly dimmed. I tried to remove this set up by unpinning each tile, but it's still here. Help! Thanks in advance.

Removing live tiles (?) Not sure what they're called from Desktop [​IMG]

:)

ceevee, Feb 13, 2017

2. Live Tiles

is this after you updated the phone? which tiles are disappearing?

sure why not, Feb 13, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows 10 Feature

Are these icons attached to the right side of your Start menu? Those are called 'tiles' and they're actually a part of Windows 10 Start menu and one of the new features of Windows 10.

You can remove them easily enough (right-click > Unpin from Start) but think before you do this. You may grow to like them, particularly the 'live' tiles.

BulldogXX, Feb 13, 2017
  4. ceevee Win User

Turns out I was in Tablet mode!!

ceevee, Feb 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Removing live tiles (?) Not sure what they're called from Desktop - Similar Threads - Removing live tiles

2. Live Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Tiles: Live tiles don't work when the screen set on a custom scale. Like 110%. Actually they work if the tile's size is medium, but if it is different than the medium it doesn't. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  3. Will Windows Live Tiles be removed?

Will Windows Live Tiles be removed?: I really like Live Tiles and I use them regularly and I already have a new design for them. I am worried that they will be removed soon. Will they be removed, and can I send my design in in any way? * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  4. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Advice please ! It is better to have the live tiles in Windows 10 turned off for better performance ? What tiles if any should be turned on and why ? I seem to think my laptop boots up quicker with most of my live tiles turned off ! Brian...
  5. Not sure what to call this, how to remove?

Not sure what to call this, how to remove?: Okay, so what I'm trying to get rid of is this pop up thing next to the volume bar. It appears whenever I adjust the volume on any site, and it's a general annoyance. How do I get rid of it? [ATTACH]...
  6. Desktop / Live tiles

Desktop / Live tiles: Hi, my point is whether there will ever be a possibility to place Live Tiles on the desktop so that they stay there permanently in the same way as normal desktop icons (displaying their interactive content - a bit like windows 7 gadgets did) coz to me it would make much more...
  7. After accidently removing a live tile from the desktop......how can I get it back on the...

After accidently removing a live tile from the desktop......how can I get it back on the...: In error, I accidently clicked on the Internet Explorer blue tile on the desktop and it disappeared. I would like to put it back. I have the icon on my taskbar. What must I do to have it re-appear with my other "tiles". My program is Windows 10, but from the Start button,...
  8. Live Tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Tiles: Just upgraded to windows 10 and the live tiles do not work any ideas what to do? 9255
  9. Live tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live tiles: Just curious. If I open my start menu the live tiles like store, weather and news do their thing. Cycling through. But after a a while they stop updating and show a static picture or piece of info. Is that how it should be? I would prefer they were on a repeatable loop. Is...
  10. Unwanted live tiles on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted live tiles on desktop: I am an IT volunteer at a day centre and am working with a gentleman who has live tiles on the desktop which are unwanted. I can't seem to find the control panel if that is the way to rectify the problem. Does anyone know how to restore the desktop icons please? Many...