Windows 10: Removing locked accounts from Windows 10

Discus and support Removing locked accounts from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi!I recently got this issue where Windows would constantly give me these annoying notifications saying my account needs to be fixed. This is because,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bartek Jamroz, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Removing locked accounts from Windows 10

Hi!I recently got this issue where Windows would constantly give me these annoying notifications saying my account needs to be fixed. This is because, like many other schools, my school sets up emails for the students. When those students graduate, the emails are locked, and can't be accessed. Many people have no clue how to remove the account once it is locked.There was a thread here in 2018 where one of the Microsoft employees gave a really stupid and long winded solution, which then didn't solve the problem, because they misunderstood the issue. The thread was abandoned, as you would expect

:)

Bartek Jamroz, Sep 18, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Removing locked accounts from Windows 10

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Removing locked accounts from Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

Removing locked accounts from Windows 10

1. Removing locked accounts from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Removing locked accounts

2. Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated: Hi peeps, this is a how-to because it took me ages to get this answer and I am sure others have this problem. I even asked windows help desk and they didn't know what to do apart from contact the admin of the school account. So if you have a locked school or work account that...
  3. Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated: Hi peeps, this is a how-to because it took me ages to get this answer and I am sure others have this problem. I even asked windows help desk and they didn't know what to do apart from contact the admin of the school account. So if you have a locked school or work account that...
  4. Remove a locked school account from Windows Accounts without signing in

Remove a locked school account from Windows Accounts without signing in: I have just finished my studies and my student account Microsoft 365 has been locked. Now, I can't seem to remove it from the Settings menu on my laptop because it requires signing in.Is there a way to remove it without accessing the account through the pop-up login screen in...
  5. Removing email account from Windows 10

Removing email account from Windows 10: I want to remove my personal email account from my laptop but I am concerned about deleting my msn account. Who can I safely remove my email account from this laptop?...
  6. Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10: I cannot remove an account from Settings / Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and tells me to sign into an account in Microsoft Online. It was an account that I used for an old domain, that was connected to a...
  7. removing a microsoft account from windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    removing a microsoft account from windows 10: hi So i remove my microsoft account from a particular laptop, i wanted to know what is going to happen to the data in my account on the laptop like music, movies, programs and other files? will the data still be there when i sign in on that same laptop with the same...
  8. Removal of locked account.

Removal of locked account.: Hello Microsoft. I wish to delete a certain account on my device. I know that, in order to delete an account, you have to head to the 'Email & app accounts', select the account and then select 'Manage'. In order to manage that account, you have to log in to it, and that's...
  9. Removing a Microsoft Account from Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a Microsoft Account from Windows 10: I will be answering my own question and am hopeful it helps others. BACKGROUND: While setting up a new PC with Windows 10 Enterprise, I created a local account and did not add a Microsoft Account. I then installed Office 2019 Professional Plus, which is a perpetual,...
  10. Removing an account from a Windows 10 laptop?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing an account from a Windows 10 laptop?: This laptop used to be my wife's, it's now mine! She had an administrator account, and started the laptop without the need to enter a password! I created a new Admin account in my name, but use a password to start my account, the problem is I cannot delete her account...