Windows 10: Removing long-ago deleted items from Quick Access folder

Discus and support Removing long-ago deleted items from Quick Access folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My quick access bar shows two folders that I deleted ages ago, but when I try to unpin them from the bar, they won't go away. Kind of annoying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomSoule60640, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Removing long-ago deleted items from Quick Access folder

My quick access bar shows two folders that I deleted ages ago, but when I try to unpin them from the bar, they won't go away.

Kind of annoying.

Help, please.

:)

TomSoule60640, Feb 13, 2019

2. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 13, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Removing long-ago deleted items from Quick Access folder

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Removing long-ago deleted items from Quick Access folder

1. Removing long-ago deleted items from Quick Access folder - Similar Threads - Removing long ago

2. Arranging items in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arranging items in Quick Access: How can I organize Quick Access items in Windows Explorer? Running Windows 11 Build 22H2.When I went to save a file, the pinned Quick Access items did not appear in the Save As dialogue box.Found them in the new Home tab, but they seem to be organized by the chronological...
  3. Arranging items in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arranging items in Quick Access: How can I organize Quick Access items in Windows Explorer? Running Windows 11 Build 22H2.When I went to save a file, the pinned Quick Access items did not appear in the Save As dialogue box.Found them in the new Home tab, but they seem to be organized by the chronological...
  4. items accidentally removed under quick access sidebar

in Windows 10 Customization
    items accidentally removed under quick access sidebar: So i accidentally had some items removed from the side bar under quick access in file explorer. Problem is once you remove it you cant really get it to show back up so im in a bit of a bind. I also DONT WANT TO USE PIN to make them show all the time with a pin icon, just want...
  5. How to delete a folder from quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete a folder from quick access: I deleted a folder that is listed in quick access. Now I cannot unpin it from quick access. I tried recreating the folder, but it still says the folder does not exist when I click on it in QA. If I try to unpin it nothing happens. How do I get rid of it?...
  6. Quick Access folder removed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access folder removed: I didn't know how to work with Quick Access and when I saw my file there - I requested file to be removed. Now I can not locate my file anywhere. Where do files go when removed from Quick Access....
  7. Pinning an Item to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning an Item to Quick Access: Is there a way to pin a removable drive to Quick Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-an-item-to-quick-access/40ce39e6-f581-4bb1-bdc3-08c17a93cb0f
  8. Remove folders from Quick access - network drive moved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove folders from Quick access - network drive moved: Hey, all! I'm trying to remove folders from appearing in my Quick access toolbar in Windows Explorer, as the network drive the folders were in have moved, and those destinations are no longer valid. Whenever I right-click to remove a folder, the system ends up clocking and I...
  9. Hide Quick Access Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide Quick Access Items: Hi, Using this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer] "HubMode"=dword:00000001 I hide Quick Access from Navigation Pane Is that possible to hide single items from inside Quick Access without hiding the whole thing via registry only? [img]...
  10. Remove from Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove from Quick access: You guys have helped me with other technical problems so lets see if anyone can help with this one ! Cannot delete or remove from Quick access the 3 files that say recent files, i have tried uninstalling OneDrive & reinstalling which didn't work ! Any ideas on how to either...