Windows 10: Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.

Discus and support Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't remove these mail accounts from mail app, why is it??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Prashanth D S, May 29, 2021.

1. Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.

I can't remove these mail accounts from mail app, why is it??

:)

Prashanth D S, May 29, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 29, 2021
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, May 29, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.

Removing email account added to Mail app settings

Hi Robert,

Removing or deleting an email account from the Mail app is possible via the Settings in the Mail app. You can do this by following these steps:

• Click the Gear icon in the lower left corner of the Mail app.
    • Choose Manage Accounts, then choose the account you want to remove.
    • Choose Delete Account.

NOTE: The Delete account option removes the account from the Mail and Calendar apps, but does not affect the account itself. For example, if you remove an Outlook.com account from the Mail and Calendar apps, you can still access that account
    using another email client or on the web.

Let us know if you have other concerns about the Mail app.

Yolvi Ell, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.

1. Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App. - Similar Threads - Removing Mail Accounts

2. Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts: Hello, I wanted to remove my old school account from Email & accounts, but I can't do this because I need to login that mail before removing it from the list. The problem is that because I graduated that email account doesn't exist anymore therefor I can't login to remove...
  3. How to remove an account from MAIL?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an account from MAIL?: I have an outlook account which I treat as my Microsoft account and a gmail account for general uses. I wanted to use mail as an app that gives me all details about the outlook account. I don't really know why, I linked my gmail account to it too. Now my gmail account gets...
  4. Issues while removing Yahoo account from Mail app

Issues while removing Yahoo account from Mail app: unable to delete a yahoo email account from the windows 10 pro mail app. Nothing happens when managing accounts for this particular email account. I uninstalled the mail app and then reinstalled. Opened mail app and all accounts showed up again. I need help here please....
  5. Double accounts in Mail app, can't remove

Double accounts in Mail app, can't remove: I had to do a system restore, and when I opened the Microsoft Mail account, my accounts from before were showing up even though they were no longer connected via the Email & accounts tab in Windows Accounts Settings. I have readded the accounts, but there is no way to remove...
  6. mail app accounts

mail app accounts: I can't reestablish my gmail link in the mail app. 3 days ago my email accounts disappeared in the windows 10 mail app. I had a power outage, so that is probably the culprit. I have reset the mail app, but when I attempt to relink to my gmail account it fails. The message in...
  7. Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.: I have 3 pop3 accounts set up under the Mail App. One of them behaves like Outlook 2016 pop accounts. It does not remove a message from my cox.net server when I delete a message in the app. The other 2 remove a message from the server when I delete it in the app. I have...
  8. Sorting mail accounts in mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Sorting mail accounts in mail app: How can i sort them? Hey are sorted as i add them. 94121
  9. Remove a account Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Remove a account Mail: I have been looking in tutorials and other posts and do not have a solution to this problem. In Mail I have two accounts. One is my personal MSN account and the other is a Exchange account with my former employer. Obviously the former employer has deactivated my account....
  10. Does removing an account from Mail App also remove it from Outlook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Does removing an account from Mail App also remove it from Outlook?: Hello, After an upgrade to Windows 10, the accounts from Outlook were added to the Mail App. I don't want to use the Mail App and even though I set notifications to off Windows keeps bugging me about the Mail App. Thus I want to delete these accounts from the Mail App....