Windows 10: Removing metadata from photos

Discus and support Removing metadata from photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Before I share photos I would like to remove all metadata attached to them. I follow the instructions on Windows Explorer but when I next check I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony Vella, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Removing metadata from photos

Before I share photos I would like to remove all metadata attached to them. I follow the instructions on Windows Explorer but when I next check I notice that in properties/details there is still a lot of information like dates and dimensions and owner, etc. Am I doing something wrong or is this the way it is supposed to work?

I thank all in advance for and help and advice.

:)

Tony Vella, Dec 29, 2018
  2. 1Kurgan1 Win User

MCE and Metadata

WMC and Metadata

I just got my HTPC setup and I just added images for all my movies and I'm working on TV shows. But I now want to add metadata, I tried Yammm, but it did nothing. I would almost liek to just add my own. I want to have synopsis's even for my TV shows which I think all the programs out there only fetch info off IMBD. Any suggestions?

1Kurgan1, Dec 29, 2018
  3. 1Kurgan1 Win User
    Music Metadata grabber

Been working on sorting movies/tv shows/music and looking for something thats free and grabs metadata for my music files. I could do it all manually, but having something that helps would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion?

1Kurgan1, Dec 29, 2018
  4. kormath Win User

Removing metadata from photos

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Removing metadata from photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Removing metadata from photos

1. Removing metadata from photos - Similar Threads - Removing metadata photos

2. Removing photos from PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing photos from PC: I have personal photos that I would like to remove. I deleted them from all folders in explorer and they still appeared in my start menu, rotating on my "photos" tile. I typed %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\PhotosAppTilein the...
  3. Removing photos from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing photos from PC: I have personal photos that I would like to remove. I deleted them from all folders in explorer and they still appeared in my start menu, rotating on my "photos" tile. I typed %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\PhotosAppTilein the...
  4. Removing photos from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Photos Metadata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Metadata: Like so many others I am struggling with Microsoft Photos. I know where to find my photos. What I need access to is the metadata I create with Microsoft Photos. I have used the program to add names to my photos, but the metadata on the photo doesn't record this info. Where...
  6. Microsoft Photos Metadata

Microsoft Photos Metadata: Like so many others I am struggling with Microsoft Photos. I know where to find my photos. What I need access to is the metadata I create with Microsoft Photos. I have used the program to add names to my photos, but the metadata on the photo doesn't record this info. Where...
  7. Metadata in Photos app

Metadata in Photos app: Hello everyone. My problem is, that after editing a photo in the Windows Photos app the metadata location is removed. Why? Is there some setting how to fix this? Please help....
  8. Removing photos from accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing photos from accounts: I'm donating an old PC and want to delete the photo that shows during the boot process. I'm running a local account. However, I went on my MS account and removed all photos but the photo still comes up. Where are these photos located and how do I remove them?...
  9. Batch editing of photo metadata

Batch editing of photo metadata: I would like to set the Copyright field to my name in all my photos and also some of the other fields under the Details tab of the photos Properties. Doing this one at a atime is very time consuming. Is there a way to change particular fields in a number of selected photos...
  10. Metadata & Tags in photos

Metadata & Tags in photos: I have a folder of 250 photos with various tags applied to each of them. The photos are at full resolution. I need to down res the 250 photos and place in another folder. If I resize these photos but keep the same photo names, is it possible to copy the metadata tags and...