Windows 10: Removing Microsoft Account from Windows

Discus and support Removing Microsoft Account from Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, My friend signed into his account on word to access his google drive but wound up signing into microsoft account on my laptop (if that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alyssa S, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Alyssa S Win User

Removing Microsoft Account from Windows

Hey guys,

My friend signed into his account on word to access his google drive but wound up signing into microsoft account on my laptop (if that makes any sense). His email address is now shown as the administrator of my laptop. When I go to Settings to "Accounts used by other apps" it only gives me the option to manage his account but not remove it. We have tried removing my laptop under Visible Devices under his account but that seems to do nothing.

Please help, some of what he does on his laptop now appears on mine (e.g. changing desktop background on his laptop will appear on mine)

Thanks,

Alyssa

:)

Alyssa S, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    removing a microsoft account from a Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

To help resolve your concern, we suggest that you add a local account first on your PC, before removing the other account. Follow the steps below:

• To create a local account on your Windows 10 PC:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type netplwiz, and then click OK.
    • Click Add.
    • Click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).
    • Click Local account, type a username, and a
      password (if you'd like one).
    • Click Next, and then click Finish.
    • Sign out of the Microsoft account you want to delete, sign in using the
      local account you created, and then remove the account you want to delete.

• To remove a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC:

• Click the Start button, and then click Settings.
    • Click Accounts, scroll down, and then click the Microsoft account you would like to delete.
    • Click Remove, and then click Yes.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Removing Microsoft Account from Windows :(

Zakin, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Removing Microsoft Account from Windows - Similar Threads - Removing Microsoft Account

2. Removing Microsoft account from Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Microsoft account from Windows 11?: So the non-existent customer service at Microsoft decided to block my email account, without an explanation, without a recourse, and without any customer service to contact. So now, I have a blocked account on my windows 11 for sign in. Does anyone know how I can remove this...
  3. Removing Microsoft account from Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Microsoft account from Windows 11?: So the non-existent customer service at Microsoft decided to block my email account, without an explanation, without a recourse, and without any customer service to contact. So now, I have a blocked account on my windows 11 for sign in. Does anyone know how I can remove this...
  4. Remove Microsoft account from laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Microsoft account from laptop: Hi all, We recently bought a new laptop Dell for school and linked it to my Microsoft Account without issue. Unfortunately, our child does not want to view documents that we save on another laptop HP which is also linked to my MS account, and wants the laptop for his...
  5. Removing device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing device from Microsoft account: How does one remove a device from Microsoft accounts. I believe the help file is outdated and there is no way do do that this moment. Recently updated Win to 2004. This might be the problem. The live agent was clueless and he and I were looking at completely different things...
  6. Removing device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing device from Microsoft account: I have two computers connected with my Microsoft account. Currently I want to remove one of them from the Microsoft account. I was wondering if I can remove it without any unpleasant consequences to the Windows activation? Thank you for the replay...
  7. Remove a device from Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove a device from Microsoft account.: My Microsoft account shows 3 different listings for the same computer. I would like to remove these extra device listings from my account. The instructions to remove a device from a Microsoft account are dated sometime last fall, but they do not work. When the instructions...
  8. removing a microsoft account from windows 10

removing a microsoft account from windows 10: hi So i remove my microsoft account from a particular laptop, i wanted to know what is going to happen to the data in my account on the laptop like music, movies, programs and other files? will the data still be there when i sign in on that same laptop with the same...
  9. Removing a Microsoft Account from Windows 10

Removing a Microsoft Account from Windows 10: I will be answering my own question and am hopeful it helps others. BACKGROUND: While setting up a new PC with Windows 10 Enterprise, I created a local account and did not add a Microsoft Account. I then installed Office 2019 Professional Plus, which is a perpetual,...
  10. Remove Microsoft Account from Windows

Remove Microsoft Account from Windows: I have read all of the previous posts and they all say to select the account and click "delete". I am trying to remove my former (no longer active), Microsoft account. Unfortunately, I am not given that option. All it shows for either account (one personal and one old work...