Windows 10: Removing microsoft account on laptop without using laptop

Discus and support Removing microsoft account on laptop without using laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there, I turned on my laptop today and entered my password. but it says u need to verify ur account then send me into a login page and want an... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by mohammadmolla, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Removing microsoft account on laptop without using laptop

Hi there, I turned on my laptop today and entered my password. but it says u need to verify ur account then send me into a login page and want an activity code from sms. so i done that so many times to change my password to log in to my laptop but says login failure again and again. so i want to remove my account from laptop with my phone because i have no access to my windows

:)

mohammadmolla, Apr 13, 2019
  2. EA10 Win User

Removing the a Microsoft account from a laptop with Windows 10

My Microsoft account on my old laptop is the ONLY account for that laptop, therefore its listed as the Administrator account. I tried doing just what you said and it wont give me the option of deleting the account since its the Administrator account. When
    I go to the Control Panel and select my Microsoft account it lists my account as the Administrator. I see no option for deleting the account. It wont let me change it from Administrator to Standard account because its the only account on the laptop.

What exactly does creating a Local Account do if it doesn't remove a Microsoft account off the laptop?

I noticed if I go to Settings>Accounts> Manage My Microsoft Account I'm transferred to a Microsoft page which shows what devices I have with my Microsoft account and gives me the option of removing that device. It now shows have two laptops with the same
    Microsoft account. Would removing the old laptop affiliated with my Microsoft account from the Microsoft Account page remove this account from my old laptop?

Since a child will be using this laptop and doesn't have their own Microsoft account and I don't feel they need one (for privacy issues) I would like them to be able to log on/ off a computer without the need of entering an email address and password (for
    which they do not have) every time. I do not want my Microsoft account on multiple computers, especially a computer I will not be using. What are my options?

3. Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Removing microsoft account on laptop without using laptop

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Removing microsoft account on laptop without using laptop

1. Removing microsoft account on laptop without using laptop - Similar Threads - Removing microsoft account

2. Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it: Hi,I've been having problems with my Microsoft account linked to my laptop and I want to remove it when I want to remove it, it won't allow me it only shows "Manage" any ideas to on how remove it?...
  3. Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it: Hi,I've been having problems with my Microsoft account linked to my laptop and I want to remove it when I want to remove it, it won't allow me it only shows "Manage" any ideas to on how remove it?...
  4. Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remove Microsoft account from laptop

Remove Microsoft account from laptop: Hi all, We recently bought a new laptop Dell for school and linked it to my Microsoft Account without issue. Unfortunately, our child does not want to view documents that we save on another laptop HP which is also linked to my MS account, and wants the laptop for his...
  6. Using my laptop without an account & sign-in

Using my laptop without an account & sign-in: Hi! I've just bought a new laptop. Unfortunately, it has windows 10 not a fan, no, and it's not improving now and it forced me to create an account. My questions are: 1> how to delete the acount and use my laptop WITHOUT an account? I don't want to be logged in with I don't...
  7. Remove Windows 10 laptop users without deleting Microsoft account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Windows 10 laptop users without deleting Microsoft account?: I would like to give my old laptop (Win 10) to my sister. I have already created an account for her. Now I want to remove my account on the laptop. But in the internet I only find instructions how to delete the Microsoft account. But I don't want to do that, because I am...
  8. How to remove Microsoft account from a new laptop without deleting Microsoft account from...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove Microsoft account from a new laptop without deleting Microsoft account from...: I bought a new laptop, started setting it up but found it had some problems. So I need to return/exchange the product. But before that how do I how to remove Microsoft account from the new laptop without deleting Microsoft account from my other laptops? Thanking one and...
  9. Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account

Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account: I bought a new laptop, and I need to remove the old laptop from my Microsoft account, as I am giving it to a friend who will set up their own account. I cannot see how to do this from the information on my device information. I imagine that I need to delete Outlook, Excel,...
  10. Removing an unavailable Microsoft account in my laptop

Removing an unavailable Microsoft account in my laptop: Hi, I have a school account which I used to login it with Microsoft service in my laptop, but after I quit the university, I could no longer to log in this account anymore. But this account is still in my laptop and always ask me there is problem with logging in it. I try to...