Windows 10: Removing most visited tiles etc from Firefox

Discus and support Removing most visited tiles etc from Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks Excuse if common knowledge but I certainly didn't know how to do it. If you want to remove / alter those tiles on firefox when using the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Jun 11, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Removing most visited tiles etc from Firefox

Hi folks
    Excuse if common knowledge but I certainly didn't know how to do it.

If you want to remove / alter those tiles on firefox when using the browser (most visited websites etc) simply place the mouse on one (don't click etc) and wait until you see thre full stops at the top right of the tile. Move the mouse there --you'll see then menu --click that and it will give options of what you can do --e.g clear the history for that web site, dismiss the tile etc etc.

Removing most visited tiles etc from Firefox [​IMG]

Saves having to clear entire cache, cookies and history.

cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

firefox issues after microsoft 10 upgrade

Hi Steve,

If you're having issues with Firefox after updating your operating system, we recommend that you perform a clean reinstall of the program. This process does not remove your Firefox profile data (such as bookmarks and passwords), since the information is
    stored in a different location. To do a clean reinstall of Firefox, please follow these steps:

• Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox by visiting their official website and save the setup file to your computer.
    • Completely remove the application from the system by accessing Programs and Features through control panel then select Firefox and uninstall the program.
    • Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
    • Proceed with the installation. Double-click the downloaded setup file and go through the steps of the installation wizard. Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the finish button.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Removing most visited tiles etc from Firefox

Windows 10 I can't remove a tile from the start menu.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to remove a tile from the start screen of a deleted folder.

Use the following steps to remove tiles from your Start Screen.

Please follow the below steps to remove the tile.

• Press the Windows (
      Removing most visited tiles etc from Firefox [​IMG]
      ) key
      to open the Start screen.
    • Right-click on the tile you want to remove.
    • Select Unpin from Start to remove the tile.
    Ideally, the above steps should remove the tile which you want to. However, if it fails to, I would suggest you to Restore Default Start Screen Tiles. Please follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter the following command: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows, which will open the Microsoft Windows App-data folder.
    • Scroll down to find these two files, namely, item-data file and the item-data.bak.
    • Select both files to delet, right-click on it and select Delete option to send it to the Recycle bin. Don’t press Shift to delete it permanently, let it go to recycle bin. On the safe side you can make a backup copy of these two files on another disk location.
    • Restart your PC or log out and log in again. Now you will see Windows 8.x Start Screen reset to default tiles.
    • Now re-arrange the tile as you want and new tiles will also be created automatily when you install any apps from Store.
    Note: If anything went wrong and you want to revert start screen tiles to your tiles. restore item data files from recycle bin or from the location where you backed up to the Windows app data folder.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Removing most visited tiles etc from Firefox

1. Removing most visited tiles etc from Firefox - Similar Threads - Removing visited tiles

2. How to remove Firefox View button from Firefox Title Bar

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Firefox View button from Firefox Title Bar: [ATTACH]This post explains how to remove Firefox View button from Firefox title bar. Firefox View is a new feature of the Firefox browser that lets you sync browsed content across various devices using the same Firefox account. It is represented by a pinned tab that stays at...
  3. Firefox mostly generi bookmark favicons

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox mostly generi bookmark favicons: I cant remember when it happened, but about 90% of my bookmark favicons have turned generic. What do I do? 178034
  4. Possible to show recent/most visited pages by clicking on Address?

in Browsers and Email
    Possible to show recent/most visited pages by clicking on Address?: This is for the new Edge browser. I ditched Firefox after years of using it. I have not found a way to be able to simply click on the address bar and have it expand and show recent or most viewed sites. Is there a way to make that happen? 173103
  5. Will using a VPN block the “Apps and Games” and “Most visited websites” sections from...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Will using a VPN block the “Apps and Games” and “Most visited websites” sections from...: I’ve been looking into getting a VPN for a while now to be able to access geo-restricted content in my country, but my parents are concerned they will not be able to monitor the websites I view, the apps I use and my screentime via the Family Report feature. Are their fears...
  6. Remove Firefox from default apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Firefox from default apps: I am using FirefoxPortable and uninstalled Firefox, but both are showing in Default Apps, how to I remove Firefox? 160131
  7. how to remove instantinbox from computer and Firefox

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to remove instantinbox from computer and Firefox: remove instantinbox and all addons from it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-instantinbox-from-computer-and/2a7c1838-8b58-463a-ac52-18f1f75e7547"
  8. Firefox most visited icon disappears

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox most visited icon disappears: The icon "most visited" is no longer on the Firefox menu. It was there this morning, but gone this afternoon. 62286
  9. can't add or remove tiles from start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't add or remove tiles from start: Hi there, I have a Surface Pro3 which came with win10 installed (unlike my other SP3 which I upgraded to W10). I just decided to customize my start menu a bit with some live tiles re-arrangement. Problem: I can't seem to pin or unpin apps to the tiles section of the start...
  10. How to remove these tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove these tiles?: How to remove them? also i cant drag apps *Sad [img] and how to fix this? [img] testing the 14997 build. x64 73781