Windows 10: Removing my user from another PC

Discus and support Removing my user from another PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I wanted to share a folder on my hard drive from my PC, and I logged on with my credentials from the other PC in the network. Now the other PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BerDani, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Removing my user from another PC

Hello I wanted to share a folder on my hard drive from my PC, and I logged on with my credentials from the other PC in the network. Now the other PC can acces my files on my HDD, connect to me via Remote Desktop, and I dont want this

The question is: How can I remove my login credentials from the another PC?

submitted by /u/BerDani
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BerDani, Apr 29, 2020

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Removing my user from another PC [​IMG]

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 29, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Removing my user from another PC

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Removing my user from another PC

1. Removing my user from another PC - Similar Threads - Removing user another

2. Removing Account from another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Account from another PC: I had logged into a PC from my previous job and never logged out. I recently looked into my one drive and noticed that people are still using it from my account. I no longer work there and wanted to see if there's any way for me to remove my account from that PC so then...
  3. Removing Account from another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Account from another PC: I had logged into a PC from my previous job and never logged out. I recently looked into my one drive and noticed that people are still using it from my account. I no longer work there and wanted to see if there's any way for me to remove my account from that PC so then...
  4. Removing Account from another PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Adding Another User to MY PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Another User to MY PC: I cannot add someone else as a user to my pc. When I click on the add another user icon a screen pops up and then disappears. Why can't I add a user to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-another-user-to-my-pc/d2d23cf6-041d-467d-b93f-a90bc033aa0d
  6. Sharing a File with another user on my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sharing a File with another user on my PC: I have set up my PC on Windows Ten with Microsoft Office 07. I am the administrator and I have one other user who is not an administrator. I have a file that I want to share and I've followed the protocol for sharing using the Properties, Security, Adavaced route and...
  7. Access my user files from another PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access my user files from another PC: I am trying to access files from my previous PC. I've restored the backup of that PC's C: drive to a vhdx virtual disk. I can mount it and access all of its files except the files in my user folder - I don't have access rights from my new computer. What to I need to do to...
  8. Removing the primary User and adding another

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing the primary User and adding another: I bought my wife a new notebook and I am configuring her previous system. I want to remove her User name and all associated data, and add my name as the primary User. I cannot just do a rename, for that does not work. How do I do this properly?...
  9. How to add another user to my PC?

How to add another user to my PC?: Hi Roomies, I'm using Win 10 Pro and I'm trying to add another user to my laptop with a local account and I'm getting this error once I click add user. [img] Thank you 23590
  10. Remove Admin user and replace with another person

Remove Admin user and replace with another person: I installed Win10 on a new Dell laptop (not all Dells are shipping with 10 installed) for a friend and made the wrong person the administrator. His wife is not happy. *Sad How to I remove him completely as the admin and make her the administrator and only user? Thanks in...