Windows 10: Removing Myself From Account Administrator

Discus and support Removing Myself From Account Administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Purchased new laptop for my granddaughter on her birthday. Tried to surprise her by loading my Office & Webroot on the new laptop. Surprised myself... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 56_PoiDog, Sep 8, 2019.

1. 56_PoiDog Win User

Removing Myself From Account Administrator

Purchased new laptop for my granddaughter on her birthday. Tried to surprise her by loading my Office & Webroot on the new laptop.

Surprised myself instead! Now her laptop looks just like mine, all the way to the background image. How do I remove myself from the account and list her as the primary?

:)

56_PoiDog, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Removing Myself From Account Administrator

Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Removing Myself From Account Administrator

1. Removing Myself From Account Administrator - Similar Threads - Removing Myself Account

2. How to remove myself from a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove myself from a family: My account has randomly been added to a family some how and I don't recognise the email address. How can I remove myself from this family. My account has full child restrictions added and i cant buy anything from the store or go on google. My computer is used for work and I...
  3. cant remove myself from family account as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant remove myself from family account as admin: my mom was the admin of the family account a long time ago since she has got a new account and cant log into the old one. I was set as a admin to but I want a standard account cause the family account won't allow me to buy things. I've been stuck on this for a good hour so if...
  4. cant remove myself from family account as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant remove myself from family account as admin: my mom was the admin of the family account a long time ago since she has got a new account and cant log into the old one. I was set as a admin to but I want a standard account cause the family account won't allow me to buy things. I've been stuck on this for a good hour so if...
  5. cant remove myself from family account as admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  6. remove email from administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove email from administrator account: Good day i purchased i new laptop and upon setting everything up, and creating a new email, i somehow forgot the new password, but fi thought i can recover by recovering email or cell number.1 when i fill up the form from my other email it asked for any emails i send no its a...
  7. removing myself from family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing myself from family: the reason i have to ask this on here is because the microsoft support is absolutely useless, the "get help" app doesn't even work. I need to remove myself from my xbox family thing because my account is classed a "child" and this prevents me from buying game pass. I then...
  8. How to remove myself as administrator on Windows 10 account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove myself as administrator on Windows 10 account: Hello, I am working as a temp at a company where when I signed onto Edge, I all of a sudden became administrator to this windows account. I don't know how it happened. I need to remove my personal account from this computer and am having an awful time doing so. Edge and...
  9. Removing original administrator from laptop so I can reset it to myself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing original administrator from laptop so I can reset it to myself: I purchased this Lenovo Ideapad 320 as a gift for my former girlfriend (as well as myself) and allowed her (being the good guy that I am) to create the initial set-up in which she had the only Admin privilege (which looking back now was not smart). It is set up with...
  10. Remove Microsoft Account from administrator?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Microsoft Account from administrator?: Hi, I created a Outlook MIcrosoft account, and now its attached to my elevated administrator account. I understand I can unhide the other option for admistrator, but it will not be elevated. I want it like I had it before. I want to retain the elevated account, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to remove myself as administrator on Windows 10