Windows 10: Removing Office 2016 from my Laptop running Windows 10 Home.

Discus and support Removing Office 2016 from my Laptop running Windows 10 Home. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I need to totally remove traces of Office 2016 from my laptop which runs Windows 10 Home as I am using Office 365 now. The Windows Control Panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Savio da Rocha Lobo, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Removing Office 2016 from my Laptop running Windows 10 Home.

Hi, I need to totally remove traces of Office 2016 from my laptop which runs Windows 10 Home as I am using Office 365 now.

The Windows Control Panel UNINSTALLER Programs and Features sub-program does not show Office 2016 for uninstall nor is it shown in any list of installed programs but yet Windows automaticcaly downloads updates for Office 2016 -this is weird !!

I need help to knock out all traces of Microsoft Office 2016 from my laptop.

Could someone help please ?

:)

Savio da Rocha Lobo, Feb 3, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

Office 2016 is supported on all current O/S's until 2025. So, 7 years is plenty of time to phase out all of their previous O/S's. I doubt there would ever be much need to run Office 2019 on a non-Windows 10 computer.

erocker, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Can't remove pinned office applications

My laptop is a Dell Precision 7510, running Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprice 64bit (10.0.15063 Build 15063) and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (1701 Build 7766.2092).

My problem is, that beside some useful apps on my taskbar, office has also pinned Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I would like to remove these 3 pinned apps. When unpinning them, they actually disappear, but after next restart (or restart of explorer.exe) they reaper as if nothing had happened.

I have tried following this "guide":
    Can't unpin a program from the taskbar

I have seen the above suggestion posted on several sites, but unfortunately it doesn't help in my case.

When executing the script (or preforming the steps manually) all is removed, but after explorer.exe restart below icons always reaper:

• File Explorer
    • Internet Explorer
    • Outlook 2016
    • PowerPoint 2016
    • Word 2016
    • Excel 2016

Other apps pinned at the time is removed as intended.

Does anyone have a suggestion to how I can remove these unwanted office apps from my taskbar? And why do above list or apps reapear after deleting them from both the %APPDATA% folder and REGEDIT?

Thanks in advance.

Henrik Nielsen, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Removing Office 2016 from my Laptop running Windows 10 Home.

MS office 2016 standard complete removal.

Thank for your suggest.

i have already done with this step. After done this, system remain showing all Office 2016 application and still opening.

Regards

Yogesha naik

YogeshaNaik, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Removing Office 2016 from my Laptop running Windows 10 Home.

1. Removing Office 2016 from my Laptop running Windows 10 Home. - Similar Threads - Removing Office 2016

2. Office Home and Business 2016 Activated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office Home and Business 2016 Activated: My father had a laptop at his office which had an activated office home and business 2016. He got a new laptop and decided to fully factory restore the old one and give it to my younger sibling(s) for schoolwork. Despite this, when going into word 2016 on the laptop it says...
  3. How can I remove Office 365 from my laptop? It shows Office 2016 in the Control...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove Office 365 from my laptop? It shows Office 2016 in the Control...: How can I remove Office 365 from my laptop completely? I have re-installed and uninstall Office 2016 about 10 times. I have removed the Apps by Settings-Accounts-Apps-Apps & Features. My Outlook does not allow me to add a signature or change the font sizes. I have searched...
  4. Office 2016 (Home and Student)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 (Home and Student): Can anyone explain to me why I have duplicate entries for my office programs in my start menu? For one entry, the icon is normal in size and for the other entry, the icon is tiny in size. Also why do all (4) programs for Office 2016 appear tiny in size in the control panel?...
  5. Removing Office 2016 pro from a windows 10 computer

Removing Office 2016 pro from a windows 10 computer: Hello, there is probably a solution somewhere around but I will ask my question anyway. I bought a Office 2016 pro licence and I installed it on my current computer with phone activation, it was activated and working. It's a 1 computer licence so I need to properly...
  6. Remove "Office Home & Student' from my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove "Office Home & Student' from my account: How do I remove "Office Home & Student" from my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-office-home-student-from-my-account/adddc827-3067-4de4-8692-80e05f480df7
  7. Update for Windows 10 1803 removed Office 2016 Home and Office perpetual licensed software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update for Windows 10 1803 removed Office 2016 Home and Office perpetual licensed software: My client updated her Windows 10 Professional from 1709 to 1803 earlier in March 2018. Since then she has not been able to use any Microsoft Office software or Adobe reader programs, which I had set as default software to open Documents and PDFs respectively. As my client...
  8. Home Office 2016

Home Office 2016: I installed Home Office yesterday and it seemed to work, but there no desk top icons, also for the Power Point function. I have to list programs to find them and enable them. Is this normal?...
  9. Windows Home Office 2016

Windows Home Office 2016: I have Purchased Windows Home Office 2016 and want to install it. Do I have to remove Windows Home Office 2007 first? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-home-office-2016/421008f3-bd4f-4308-9651-40f0596e2fad
  10. Remove Onedrive -Personal from Office 2016?

Remove Onedrive -Personal from Office 2016?: Does anyone know how to remove it as a save place or at least as the default save as place? I lose track of more files that way. When in a hurry I think I am saving to documents and I end up saving to onedrive. I have removed it from file explorer but can't figure out how to...