Windows 10: removing old admin

Discus and support removing old admin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just bought this laptop windows 10 and the old administrator is still here. How do I remove him and put me as administrator?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MrFrost65, Dec 3, 2018.

1. MrFrost65 Win User

removing old admin

I just bought this laptop windows 10 and the old administrator is still here. How do I remove him and put me as administrator?

:)

MrFrost65, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 3, 2018
  4. removing old admin

Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

removing old admin

1. removing old admin - Similar Threads - removing old admin

2. Logging in to old admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in to old admin account: When I purchased my laptop in 2017 I set up an outlook email to sign in to microsoft. I no longer have that email outlook and there is an old phone number. I tried to confirm my identity. Am now locked out. I have tried many times, but microsoft never gets back to me. How can...
  3. Remove admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove admin account: I have a nearly brand new computer from an employment situation that did not work out. The company told me I could keep the computer. The company had set up an admin account on the computer and then canceled my user account. There is no way for me to log in to the computer...
  4. Remove admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove admin account: I have a nearly brand new computer from an employment situation that did not work out. The company told me I could keep the computer. The company had set up an admin account on the computer and then canceled my user account. There is no way for me to log in to the computer...
  5. removed admin privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    removed admin privileges: hi i accidently changed all admin account to standard account so there is no administrative privelges in my pc so pls help me to solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removed-admin-privileges/b6941dd2-03eb-4915-a383-5ba957266aa8
  6. REMOVE ADMIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    REMOVE ADMIN: Recently I was given a used Dell Windows 10 computer. Unfortunately, the previous owner forgot her password, which makes it hard to download any of my software since permission is needed. Can anyone help me? The setting page does not show Family & Sharing option or an option...
  7. How to remove admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove admin: An ex employee decided to set his personal gmail account as admin for one of our computers. How do we remove this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-admin/48609996-f0a2-4510-9e31-8cae41665bba
  8. admin removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin removal: I bought this laptop at a pawnshop not to long ago and the admin account was still on the computer . how do I remove that account off my computer and create a admin account for me...
  9. deleteing old admin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    deleteing old admin: my exfriend set herself up as the administrator on my computer and I have no way of signing in to her account. selling laptop and need to factory reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleteing-old-admin/d706e0f9-e868-4cc3-bb31-57b966a00da1
  10. Removing Admins

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Admins: I recently noticed new admins and file settings that were not set up by me. I'd like to remove them and just need to know which admin to keep besides myself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-admins/7b72bbfd-ad6b-483e-8694-bfea58446e51