Windows 10: Removing older app updates

Discus and support Removing older app updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows used to remove older app updates from the Store Library only about the last 2 weeks where shown, I have updates going back to June 15/23. Did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jack Smook, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Removing older app updates

Windows used to remove older app updates from the Store Library only about the last 2 weeks where shown, I have updates going back to June 15/23. Did something change and how can I remove the older ones... I have the filter set to show installed products only... if I uncheck show installed products only... app updates go back to April 4/16, that goes back a few laptops and Windows versions.I have tried...command prompt administrator net stop wuauserv go to c:\windows delete entire softwaredistribution folder then net start wuauserv if necessary and wsreset REBOOT But that made no diff

:)

Jack Smook, Apr 22, 2024

2. Removing older app updates

Windows used to remove older app updates from the Store Library (only about the last 2 weeks where shown), I have updates going back to June 15/23. Did something change and how can I remove the older ones... I have the filter set to show installed products only... if I uncheck show installed products only... app updates go back to April 4/16, that goes back a few laptops and Windows versions.

I have tried...

command prompt administrator

net stop wuauserv

go to c:\windows

delete entire softwaredistribution folder

then net start wuauserv (if necessary) and wsreset

REBOOT

But that made no difference

Jack Smook, Apr 23, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Removing older app updates :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 23, 2024
  4. Removing older app updates

Update of an app fails due to "licensing problems"

Hello El-Gunsito - everyone.

For the symptoms you are describing, I would suggest the following steps:

• Delete the app from the Phone by tapping and holding on the app and then tapping “delete”.
    • Go back to Marketplace and reinstall the app.
    If that doesn’t work:

• Turn off the phone, remove the battery for 30 - 60 seconds, replace the battery and restart the phone. Removing the battery may not be absolutely necessary but I don't want to tell you to try it later Removing older app updates :)
    • Repeat the first 2 steps above.
    Let us know if this works.

Best regards.

J Woods - MSFT, Apr 23, 2024
Thema:

Removing older app updates

1. Removing older app updates - Similar Threads - Removing older app

2. Removing older app updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing older app updates: Windows used to remove older app updates from the Store Library only about the last 2 weeks where shown, I have updates going back to June 15/23. Did something change and how can I remove the older ones... I have the filter set to show installed products only... if I uncheck...
  3. Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?: I tried to reinstall Win10 on an 8-year old Lenovo laptop. Downloaded an iso image from microsoft, put on a usb drive and booted from it. The setup program said there was no disk driver for my laptop!Desperate, I found another such Win10 USB drive that I made 2-3 years ago...
  4. Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?: I tried to reinstall Win10 on an 8-year old Lenovo laptop. Downloaded an iso image from microsoft, put on a usb drive and booted from it. The setup program said there was no disk driver for my laptop!Desperate, I found another such Win10 USB drive that I made 2-3 years ago...
  5. Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Recent update removed a startup app

Recent update removed a startup app: Yesterday Microsoft updated me to 2004 build 19041.630. Windows considerately told me that it had removed my 8 gadget pak from startup. I still have my 8gadget pak, and I can find it by clicking on the start menu, scrolling to the 8gadget pak and then clicking the drop down...
  7. Unable to download an older app

Unable to download an older app: Is the app "Solitaire 30 Pack" NO LONGER available? I accidentally uninstalled mine and I see on searches that it was developed in 2018...and wonder if it is no longer supported...but several sites show a download to click on yet nothing happens....
  8. Updating BIOS on older equipment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating BIOS on older equipment: When going to HP for an upgrade I kept getting the old song and dance about not having the correct system to go with the older computer. I am running Windows 10 Pro, not only that, I am using version 2004 build 19041.113. No BIOS available. Using a little Computer logic I...
  9. Windows Update removed app

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update removed app: [img] Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. Windows Update ran (without my permission) and now another tile is missing in Start. How can I find out which app was removed? Thanks, Shane. 132051
  10. How to install a older version of Apps?

How to install a older version of Apps?: Hi, I need to install a previous version of Microsoft Sticky Notes, last version is not good. Where to find it and Download it? Thanks 68878