Windows 10: Removing One Drive from startup

Discus and support Removing One Drive from startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't use One Drive. How do I keep it from appearing when I start up?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Skipperdee, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Removing One Drive from startup

I don't use One Drive. How do I keep it from appearing when I start up?

:)

Skipperdee, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Removing One Drive from startup

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Removing One Drive from startup

1. Removing One Drive from startup - Similar Threads - Removing Drive startup

2. Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop: I have a folder called One Drive on my desktop. I right clicked it to delete it from the desktop and it began deleting my one drive files. I stopped it then had to go back and recover the files from the deleted items folder that is in one drive. I have the one drive icon on...
  3. Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop: I have a folder called One Drive on my desktop. I right clicked it to delete it from the desktop and it began deleting my one drive files. I stopped it then had to go back and recover the files from the deleted items folder that is in one drive. I have the one drive icon on...
  4. Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Removing One Drive from user files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing One Drive from user files?: When setting up the new computer Windows 11 made a backup file of my OneDrive account in This PC/Windows C: Users/MyName/OneDrive. The computer is a lemon and has to go back and I want to send it "clean." Can I safely remove these files without losing them? I am pretty sure I...
  6. Removing One Drive from user files?

Removing One Drive from user files?: When setting up the new computer Windows 11 made a backup file of my OneDrive account in This PC/Windows C: Users/MyName/OneDrive. The computer is a lemon and has to go back and I want to send it "clean." Can I safely remove these files without losing them? I am pretty sure I...
  7. Removing files from One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing files from One Drive: I've just got a new PC and copied all my files from my external hard drive onto it. Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the paths and they all went onto One Drive, which I don't want to use - I prefer to have control over my stuff, not send it into space! I deleted One...
  8. Remove From Startup . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove From Startup . . .: My computer, is a. Dell, laptop. Running, Windows 10 pro. I love Google Chrome. But, I clicked on "unpin" from my taskbar. And, it was gone. So, I thought I'll just, uninstall and re-install, it. So, I went to the "Control Panel", Uninstall. Right click, uninstall, Google...
  9. Removing a file from one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing a file from one drive: I have a free one drive account. I made the mistake of adding my picture folder to one drive. Now I am almost out of space. I want to remove picture folder from one drive. I DO NOT want to remove the pictures from my computer. Since it was a very easy drag and drop solution...
  10. One Drive haters - here's how to remove One Drive from File explorer

One Drive haters - here's how to remove One Drive from File explorer: Hi there Thanks to topgundcp here's how to remove One Drive from File explorer after a reboot. OneDrive Integration in Windows 8.1 - Enable or Disable 1.Win+R->gpedit.msc 2.Navigate to: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\OneDrive...