Windows 10: Removing OneDrive

Discus and support Removing OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just bought a DELL 27 7777 AIO computer. It has a small SSD and a 2TB HDD. It also has OneDrive pre-installed which I do not want. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertWeeks2, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Removing OneDrive

I have just bought a DELL 27 7777 AIO computer.

It has a small SSD and a 2TB HDD.

It also has OneDrive pre-installed which I do not want.

I have Uninstalled it and removed reference to it from those parts of windows 10 that I could easily access.

However OneDrive it still appearing in some folder file paths. Which is really annoying as I am trying to redirect data input to the large HDD and prevent the SSD from filling up.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

RobertWeeks2, Feb 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Removing OneDrive

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Removing OneDrive

1. Removing OneDrive - Similar Threads - Removing OneDrive

2. How to completely remove OneDrive from my system and still access files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to completely remove OneDrive from my system and still access files?: I'm really sick of OneDrive, I want every piece of it wiped from my computer. It basically holds my files hostage if I uninstall and delete the folder. The Documents & Pictures folders become completely inaccessible, as the folder locations are still listing OneDrive as a...
  3. OneDrive Windows 11 - removing Photos from business account without changing dates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Windows 11 - removing Photos from business account without changing dates...: I have a OneDrivePersonal and Office365 had stored some documents on my Company OneDrive. I needed to attach a file and so set up OneDrive so I could see those files locally on File Explorer. However, MS decided that what I really wanted to do was sync all my personal photos...
  4. OneDrive Windows 11 - removing Photos from business account without changing dates...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Windows 11 - removing Photos from business account without changing dates...: I have a OneDrivePersonal and Office365 had stored some documents on my Company OneDrive. I needed to attach a file and so set up OneDrive so I could see those files locally on File Explorer. However, MS decided that what I really wanted to do was sync all my personal photos...
  5. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it messing around with my files? I didn't give it permission to do this and I am very upset.How do I...
  6. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer

OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it messing around with my files? I didn't give it permission to do this and I am very upset.How do I...
  7. Como remover essas pastas do OneDrive?

Como remover essas pastas do OneDrive?: Olá,Como posso remover essas duas pasta do One Drive - Trend Security e o Trend Security. Eu não mais acesso a essa conta, mas continua aparecendo aqui....
  8. Como remover essas pastas do OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Como remover essas pastas do OneDrive?: Olá,Como posso remover essas duas pasta do One Drive - Trend Security e o Trend Security. Eu não mais acesso a essa conta, mas continua aparecendo aqui....
  9. Como remover essas pastas do OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How to remove desktop from Onedrive

How to remove desktop from Onedrive: My pc has moved my desktop into my Onedrive and now it keeps backing up all the thousands of photos i had on the desktop. How do I move my desktop out of Onedrive and back to where it was last week?I have tried the steps on this thread but when i get to the Desktop Properties...