Windows 10: Removing organisational Requirement for Windows PIN

Discus and support Removing organisational Requirement for Windows PIN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This has created so much grief for me. I have several machines that I need to set up for staff and when log them in as a work account it gets linked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Scott Baxter scott, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Removing organisational Requirement for Windows PIN

This has created so much grief for me.

I have several machines that I need to set up for staff and when log them in as a work account it gets linked to thier office 365 Account, and I get this message:

Removing organisational Requirement for Windows PIN ae1cc582-169a-4bb7-946b-87579e6c7f37?upload=true.jpg

Problem is that I cannot have a PIN log in because it will not allow me to connect to NAS drives when you log in with PIN, A problem that seems to be about for at least 5 years which has not been fixed, but yet now MS force us to use pins,.

So I am among other jobs the IT person on my team, and I have never selected this requirement. However this message very much suggests that it is an option that we have signed up to as an organisation.

Logic suggests that there is a way to turn it off. Question is how?

I am not very familiar with Azure or Endpoint. I tried to follow one solution which said i needed to be "[COLOR=rgba102, 102, 102, 1]signed in with an Intune Administrator role." [/COLOR]

Which i dont currently know how to set.

So very frustrating, I have tried to contact MS direct but office 365 can't help and they pass me to a webform which is now asking for money because they don't support azure. This to me is a balls up on MS part but with not way to get help from them.

I did manage to follow one solution to remove the pin, a work around but at the next loggin it forced it again.

Help Please

Scott

:)

Scott Baxter scott, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Mehgeeg Win User

Your Organisation requires you to change your pin

I recently activated my new account for my University and checked 'allow my organisation to manage my device' prompt.

I'm not sure if these made any changes to my device but the next day when I tried to log in to my PC with my normal pin i get a message saying that my Organisation requires me to change my pin.

I went into my the sign in options in the settings and it states that the Windows Hello pin is not working for my organisation's resources. How do i remove my organisation from managing my device, my PC was working fine before.

Removing organisational Requirement for Windows PIN 5e6bd79a-846a-4406-a8de-57e04dea7eef?upload=true.png

Mehgeeg, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Removing organisational Requirement for Windows PIN

Windows 10 Remove need for PIN

Hi,

I don't want to use Windows Hello PIN, fingerprint etc. I eventually managed to remove my PIN but now when I try turn on my laptop it's saying "Your organisation requires you to set up your work or school account with Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint or PIN".

As I'm the owner of my company, how do I set it on my organisation that we don't need a PIN.

Thanks

Alan

Alan Dunne (alan), Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Removing organisational Requirement for Windows PIN

1. Removing organisational Requirement for Windows PIN - Similar Threads - Removing organisational Requirement

2. Remove Organisation Requirements from PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Organisation Requirements from PIN: A few months ago, I purchased a new laptop. Initially I had connected my school email to the laptop under work, but it forced me to change my pin. I removed my school email, however, the pin requirements never left despite me restarting the laptop several times. I decided to...
  3. Remove Organisation Requirements from PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Organisation Requirements from PIN: A few months ago, I purchased a new laptop. Initially I had connected my school email to the laptop under work, but it forced me to change my pin. I removed my school email, however, the pin requirements never left despite me restarting the laptop several times. I decided to...
  4. "Organisation requires you to change your PIN" on personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Organisation requires you to change your PIN" on personal computer: Hello,Yesterday, I re-signed into Microsoft Word using my university email, since its password has changed. I don't remember exactly what the box that was ticked was, but when I signed in it said something like "only sign in for this application" and I clicked the other...
  5. Removing the PIN requirement in 21H1

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing the PIN requirement in 21H1: I log in to my systems (several in the house) using a Microsoft account. My wife and I both use MS accounts to simplify logins across multiple systems. I recently built a new tower using 21H1, and was forced to create a Windows Hello PIN. Fine. I've done this before, and...
  6. organisation changing pin requirements

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    organisation changing pin requirements: On my personal laptop, in which i am signed into my personal microsoft account, I have experienced it telling me to change my pin as it wasn't secure enough for my organisation. I do not remember consenting to my university being able to alter my personal laptop. I am...
  7. Organisation Requires Pin Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Organisation Requires Pin Reset: I've started getting this message monthly on home pc and am having to change my PIN which is a pain. Been into group policy editor and disabled all the Pin Complexity settings and want to reset my PIN to original settings but still being prevented using an old PIN. Anyone...
  8. How can I remove my old organisations PIN requirements?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove my old organisations PIN requirements?: My last job required extended PIN Complexity and regular Expiration, I no longer work there yet I am still bound by these parameters when logging into my PC. I am unable to go back to a 4 digit PIN and don't know how to amend the expiration requirement. I've reviewed previous...
  9. Your Organisation requires you to change your pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Your Organisation requires you to change your pin: I recently activated my new account for my University and checked 'allow my organisation to manage my device' prompt. I'm not sure if these made any changes to my device but the next day when I tried to log in to my PC with my normal pin i get a message saying that my...
  10. Remove BitLocker PIN Requirement

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove BitLocker PIN Requirement: Hello everyone, Please help me to check and give me solution for the problem below. I need to turn on Bitlocker on C and D drive on my computer: D is OK, however I need to config Bitlocker for C drive without password requirement ( just encrypt) Many...