Windows 10: Removing organization changing password/PIN

Discus and support Removing organization changing password/PIN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all,For some users, there's an issue with an "organization" requiring you to change your password or PIN number every so often. I use a PIN and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DragoonBurst, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Removing organization changing password/PIN

Hi all,For some users, there's an issue with an "organization" requiring you to change your password or PIN number every so often. I use a PIN and when I attempted to change my PIN through user settings, it will say that my organization requires my PIN to be X amount of characters, meaning that the organization policies are still in effect even after logging out my organization's email and related products off of my device. My organization was with my university and this issue began during the spring term of 2021 so I knew something happened when I signed in with my student email and unknowin

:)

DragoonBurst, Jul 4, 2021

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 4, 2021
  4. Removing organization changing password/PIN

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

Removing organization changing password/PIN

1. Removing organization changing password/PIN - Similar Threads - Removing organization changing

2. Windows 11 pin says "Organization requires pin change", Removed work organization but still...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pin says "Organization requires pin change", Removed work organization but still...: Hi all, As the title says, I connected to my personal laptop to my work email and I got the dreaded "your organization requires a PIN change" when I tried to log into my PC this morning.. I changed it to fit the required six letters and then I went in and I removed my work...
  3. Windows 11 pin says "Organization requires pin change", Removed work organization but still...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pin says "Organization requires pin change", Removed work organization but still...: Hi all, As the title says, I connected to my personal laptop to my work email and I got the dreaded "your organization requires a PIN change" when I tried to log into my PC this morning.. I changed it to fit the required six letters and then I went in and I removed my work...
  4. Windows 11 pin says "Organization requires pin change", Removed work organization but still...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change the pin problem with organization email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change the pin problem with organization email: Hello MicrosoftI'm facing a hard problem last month, I wanna change my PIN but the windows refuses to do thatit said "Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources" and I don't have and work/school email in my emails section. and the PC email is personal too...
  6. Change the pin problem with organization email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the pin problem with organization email: Hello MicrosoftI'm facing a hard problem last month, I wanna change my PIN but the windows refuses to do thatit said "Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources" and I don't have and work/school email in my emails section. and the PC email is personal too...
  7. Change the pin problem with organization email

8. How to remove PIN requirements set by an organization?

How to remove PIN requirements set by an organization?: I have disconnected my work and school account from my PC, but it still says that my PIN must meet the requirements set by my organization when I try to change it. I've tried restarting my PC but the requirement is still there. How do I remove it?...
  9. Organization requires changing PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Organization requires changing PIN: I am currently having an issue with being forced to change my pin. The prompt states that it is my organization that requires this. This is my personal computer and I am the only user on it. I have tried the solutions on other questions, but none of them have worked. I cannot...
  10. Forgot Windows 10 Password, but have pin. Need to remove pin and change password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Windows 10 Password, but have pin. Need to remove pin and change password: I have a comcast account linked to a windows 10 account. I no longer have that email, or access to it. I don't even remember the password. I have the windows 10 account set to a pin, which I have. So I can log into windows the account with the pin. I want to remove the pin,...