Windows 10: removing owner's name and details upon giving away machine. Win 10

Discus and support removing owner's name and details upon giving away machine. Win 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; What are the steps to follow to do the above please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GraceLane1, Apr 17, 2019.

1. removing owner's name and details upon giving away machine. Win 10

What are the steps to follow to do the above please?

:)

GraceLane1, Apr 17, 2019
  2. BobZ2 Win User

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 17, 2019
  4. MrDarrell Win User

removing owner's name and details upon giving away machine. Win 10

How to remove my accounts and set up his as new owner?

Original Title: Change owner in Win 10 PC

What steps do I need to take gift my computer to a friend? I know how to remove data and programs, but how do I, remove my accounts and set up his as new owner?

MrDarrell, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

removing owner's name and details upon giving away machine. Win 10

1. removing owner's name and details upon giving away machine. Win 10 - Similar Threads - removing owner's name

2. Owner Name, File Details

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Owner Name, File Details: I recently changed my User name from my email to my actual name so that my file locations were easier to interact with, that went well. However, I now notice that when I go to Properties and then Details of any file that the Owner name is Desktop\MyEmail so I then changed the...
  3. Giving the laptop away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Giving the laptop away: Hi, I plan to give my Toshiba laptop away to a national charity. The laptop is running Windows 10 Home [Reset today] downloaded from Cloud for complete erasure of previous details. However because I am shown as Administrator, that appears to be overiding the Reset since...
  4. Masking Windows 10 Owner Name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Masking Windows 10 Owner Name?: When I first set up my computer, my friend thought it would be funny to name the computer 'Mayor of Poopton'. He was right. But now I'm in grad school, and all of my documents have the owner name as 'Mayor of Poopton'. Not a good look for me professionally. Is there any way...
  5. Remove myself as administrator in PC I'm giving away.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove myself as administrator in PC I'm giving away.: I did a reset of my PC, but during the Windows install, it required my login. I am the administrator. I'm giving the PC away. So how do I set a default Administrator without an email address? Do I simply remove my profile?...
  6. Change owners name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change owners name: How do I change the register owners name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-owners-name/bf1794c1-48c3-4f57-ac27-18d8890ed1f6
  7. Remove accounts ready to give away computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove accounts ready to give away computer: I am looking to give my computer away to a friend but to do this, i obviouly need to delete my admin account and all links with my Microsoft account. Can i do this without reseting the computer to factory settings as I dont want the computer to revert back to windows 7...
  8. Kindly give details

Kindly give details: What is included in other windows settings in sync???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindly-give-details/c589f86c-34e9-469a-a6c7-febcbc9e5607"
  9. Transfer owners of Windows 10 machine

Transfer owners of Windows 10 machine: I have a problem with a small company that has been sold. All six machines in the office were first created with the boss's personal email account. He sold the company but the Microsoft account used by Windows 10 belongs to the old boss. How do we change the Microsoft...
  10. Give computer away

Give computer away: I want to give my computer to someone, how do I remove me as a user (and add them)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/give-computer-away/3c778260-9916-4a1c-83be-ddd62551dff4"