Windows 10: Removing password in Windows 10 resulted in error messages

Discus and support Removing password in Windows 10 resulted in error messages in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I bought a new HP Pavilion laptop from Costco. I tried removing the need for a PIN or password on startup and now I keep getting this error message:... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KathleenHanser, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Removing password in Windows 10 resulted in error messages

I bought a new HP Pavilion laptop from Costco. I tried removing the need for a PIN or password on startup and now I keep getting this error message: WE ARE UNABLE TO CONNECT RIGHT NOW. PLEASE CHECK YOUR NETWORK AND TRY AGAIN LATER. But there is nothing wrong with my connection. Then, I hit OK and am able to sign in with my Microsoft account password.

Thus, I've created an even more time-consuming way to start up my computer! I put the PIN and password back in, but it still happens. I also removed the "never" option on when to allow a password after sleep. Costco technical support says I have to revert back to factory settings to fix this.

Isn't there an easier way? I just spent two days loading everything and don't want to do it again.

Thanks for your help.

Kathleen

:)

KathleenHanser, Oct 10, 2019

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Remove the password requirement on Windows 10

Hi,

If you would like to remove the login password for your account, we suggest in checking the post of Deepak Kodi through this

thread
    for the steps that you can follow to possibly resolve your issue.

Do update us with the results.

Jomel_Santos, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Removing password in Windows 10 resulted in error messages

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Removing password in Windows 10 resulted in error messages

1. Removing password in Windows 10 resulted in error messages - Similar Threads - Removing password resulted

2. Windows 10 remove password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 remove password: Below, login required is set to NEVER:Users must enter a username and password to use this computer: UNCHECKEDPC is restarted, now please, tell me in all your fkn wisdom, why do I still need to login when I start the pc?...
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Hanging - Below is the resultant error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer Hanging - Below is the resultant error message: SourceWindows ExplorerSummaryStopped responding and was closedDate‎11/‎29/‎2021 8:12 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name:...
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer Hanging - Below is the resultant error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Explorer Hanging - Below is the resultant error message: SourceWindows ExplorerSummaryStopped responding and was closedDate‎11/‎29/‎2021 8:12 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name:...
  5. Windows 10 File Explorer Hanging - Below is the resultant error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Password error message

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Password error message: I just got a laptop HP. When I try to switch out of S mode in the Microsoft store, it is not accepting my password saying it is temporarily locked and to try again later. I have tried numerous times after waiting several hours between attempts. I am using the same password I...
  7. Incorrect Error Message "There are no results for" Windows 10 error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect Error Message "There are no results for" Windows 10 error: I copied some pdf book files from one directory to another. Most of the books are readable but when I click on some others I get the error ""There are no results for ..." Check your spelling or try different keywords. Ref A: 110EAFAD4F3E4ED1ABE2B32FAB20FB58 Ref B:...
  8. Error Message Box Removal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Message Box Removal: Windows 10 Pro An application I was running created this message: Access Violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000. Normally when I exit the offending application, the message box disappears. This time the message box is stuck on the screen. The...
  9. remove windows 10 password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove windows 10 password: I Linked my Microsoft account and now i can't get rid of the password on my login screen. I have typed "netplwix" into the run box and unchecked the box that says "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" but i am still required to type my microsoft...
  10. View Poll Results: has anyone received this error message in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: has anyone received this error message in Windows 10?: Windows 10 installed an automatic update on my Dell laptop a few days ago. Thereafter, when I tried to refresh my home page at my.yahoo.com using the "Firefox" browser, I received the following error message: The page isn't redirecting properly Firefox has detected that...