Windows 10: Removing password issues

Discus and support Removing password issues in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm working on a friend's desktop trying to get to the bottom of an issue with sleep mode. I've got her to remove her PIN for convenience. After she... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gusgf, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Gusgf Win User

Removing password issues

I'm working on a friend's desktop trying to get to the bottom of an issue with sleep mode. I've got her to remove her PIN for convenience. After she completed this step and on reboot she was prompted for her old password *Confused This was really unexpected and we were fortunate that she still remembered her old password, what if she hadn't?

Anyways on reboot I'm now able to get straight in with no password. But if I wake the computer from sleep/hibernate we are then prompted with another password screen. This cannot surely be by design and is a bug as it makes no sense whatsoever to have a feature like this.

The other irksome behaviour is if we wake the computer and I get the user to once again type in her password we are then presented with a screen which forces us to set a PIN with no option to skip *Mad

:)

Gusgf, Feb 21, 2021
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Removing password issues

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Removing password issues

1. Removing password issues - Similar Threads - Removing password issues

2. Remove Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Password: Hi, I need to remove the password on my HP Elitedesk PC while using a Microsoft account. I don't wanna switch to a local account to remove my password. I need to remove the password by force. I tried the command net user "Desktop" "" but it won't work. The error popped up,...
  3. Remove Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Password: Hi, I need to remove the password on my HP Elitedesk PC while using a Microsoft account. I don't wanna switch to a local account to remove my password. I need to remove the password by force. I tried the command net user "Desktop" "" but it won't work. The error popped up,...
  4. password removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password removal: Hello I set a password and my husband would prefer the simplicity of no password, can I remove the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-removal/47ffb908-072a-4b16-8eee-16adf01fcbbe"
  5. password remove

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password remove: Hello, i what to remove my password on my computer when i turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-remove/b1e12f08-e9a5-42d4-a346-87755973cf11
  6. Password removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password removal: Hi! can I please anybody to teach me how to remove my sign in password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-removal/a25682f1-18ef-4d32-bb57-71c60f7d1978
  7. Remove Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Password: How can I remove Password Required and sign from my administrator account? I am the only user. I am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/remove-password/bacfcbbf-58c4-4aab-bc30-2aba80df1872
  8. Removing the password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing the password: I have been trying to remove the need to input a password when waking my computer from 'Sleep' mode. I have followed the procedures that I have found on-line but it still doesn't seem to work. I am obviously using Windows 10 and I recently did a new 'clean install' and...
  9. Removing Password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing Password?: I just bought my wife a new laptop with Windows 10 home already installed. When I set it up with her Microsoft account, I used her MS password. But my wife likes things simple, and she would rather have the laptop boot straight into Windows without the need to enter a...
  10. Network Issues/Password Removal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Issues/Password Removal: I just upgraded to Windows 10 (loving it so far!), but I am wanting to make some changes to my desktop at this time: 1) I want to remove my login password when the computer boots; I am hoping there is a "free" way to do this - I found some paid software versions that would...