Windows 10: Removing password request on logon created a second user out of nowhere

Discus and support Removing password request on logon created a second user out of nowhere in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, Whoever develops or thinks about user experience for Microsoft windows, and excuse my french but is a **** dimwit who can't even think for... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ákos_Moldován, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Removing password request on logon created a second user out of nowhere

Hello,

Whoever develops or thinks about user experience for Microsoft windows, and excuse my french but is a **** dimwit who can't even think for himself.

After spending 20 minutes every single **** time when I reinstall Windows to find info how to login automatically, without a password or pin which happens by the way, cause you **** up something with your retarded, not properly tested updates,and when people complain about it, you just **** ignore it to my delight, after going through the steps, I can see that I have 2 users on the login screen, both with my name, and BOTH ASKING FOR A **** PASSWORD. So enlighten me, how the **** can i automatically login to windows automatically, without the need for PIN or password, and without having a second account created out of no **** where.

:)

Ákos_Moldován, Aug 8, 2020

2. unable to remove windows logon password

unable to remove windows logon password

went to control panel user accounts and there is no longer a ' remove password ' option as with windows 7

i changed the settings to ' not require a password on logon' but made no difference at all

it now boots saying password wrong, until I enter a password then all ok...

MS suggest adding a new account and logging in with that without a password then deleting the old one.....

does not not work as the add account is greyed out.

cant see why this is so difficult..

as as a side issue since trying to remove the windows logon password I am now presented on boot up with an OS choice wi cows 10 or 7.... I am certain this wasn't there before..

any my help would be appreciated
    thanks

reddwarf4ever, Aug 8, 2020
  3. TedT.NJ Win User
    Unknown user name is displayed on Win 10 logon screen at boot, but it’s not in any user accounts list

My WIN 10 PRO logon/startup screen shows a logon for: TedTX and it ask for a password.
    I don’t have a password and any attempt to recover the password does not work.
    Yes, I even tried to hit “enter” with just no password data.
    Nope does not work.

- - -

This anomaly, “bogus User”, made its appearance after I was forced to restore Win 10, when the original became corrupted.
    The restore/recovery saved all data, but wiped all non-MS apps.

- - -

At boot, the WIN 10 logon screen shows TedTX in the center.

Just below TedTX are the words: “The user name or password is incorrect.”

Underneath the sentence is the word [ OK }

I click on [ OK ]

Then, the next screen shows two boxes:

[ Reset password ] (which does not work)

[ Sign-in options ]

The lower left corner of the screen shows:

• TedMain
    • Administrator
    • TedTX
    Now I click on TedMain, It asks me to Sign in (no password requested) and then I see
    Welcome and I’m “in”.

= = =

Now for the saga.

= = =

The directory C:\USERS contains the following “USER” folders:

• Administrator
    • Default0
    • Public
    • TedMain
    Correct. TedX is nowhere to be seen. Nope not hidden, I made sure of that.

= = =

Invoking NETPLWIZ.EXE >> User Accounts it shows:

• Administrator
    • TedMain
    Correct. TedTX is nowhere to be seen. Nope not hidden, I made sure of that.

= = =

Then when I click on Advanced tab and then [Advanced], it takes me to
    (Local User and Groups Local\User). Here, when I expand Users, I see:

• Administrator
    • Default0
    • TedMain
    Correct. TedTX is nowhere to be seen.

= = =

Thoughts, options, etc. ??

= = =

Thanks.

TedT.NJ, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Removing password request on logon created a second user out of nowhere

Password removal

You should do following to remove the password requirement

Step 1. Press Windows key + R to open Run > Type netplwiz into the Run bar and hit Enter > Select the User account you are using under the User tab > Check by clicking Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer checkbox and click on Apply
    > Sign-out and sign-in again to check if issue persist.

Step 2. Windows Key+I to invoke Settings > Accounts > Sign in options > Click in the Require sign in list box > Choose Never

Step 3. Type Windows+I to invoke Click Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Screen saver settings > Uncheck the box to On resume, display logon screen

Vijay_Verma, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Removing password request on logon created a second user out of nowhere

1. Removing password request on logon created a second user out of nowhere - Similar Threads - Removing password request

2. Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it: On windows 11, I no longer have access to the default account "Administrator" due to other reasons that aren't relevant here. I did create another one though and I decided to deactivate it using a different account which I then removed admin from. Now when I wanted to...
  3. "User must change password at next logon" only works on the user's SECOND log on attempt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "User must change password at next logon" only works on the user's SECOND log on attempt: I have a fairly mundane network with AD servers six in total in three locations all running Windows Server 2022 Standard updated with the latest patches, etc. The network clients are majoritively Windows 11, with some still on Windows 10. The environment is hybrid, with...
  4. "User must change password at next logon" only works on the user's SECOND log on attempt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "User must change password at next logon" only works on the user's SECOND log on attempt: I have a fairly mundane network with AD servers six in total in three locations all running Windows Server 2022 Standard updated with the latest patches, etc. The network clients are majoritively Windows 11, with some still on Windows 10. The environment is hybrid, with...
  5. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer: I recently added a password to the hidden administrator by mistake. Now I can't install or do anything on the computer which requires admin rights. I know the password is correct however when typed I receive the message "logon failure the user has not been granted the...
  6. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer: I recently added a password to the hidden administrator by mistake. Now I can't install or do anything on the computer which requires admin rights. I know the password is correct however when typed I receive the message "logon failure the user has not been granted the...
  7. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Strange partition created out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange partition created out of nowhere: Hello. During disk optimization I encountered weird partition with the name of\\?\Volume{xxx}\ I tried to inspect it using some partitioning software but it won't let me do that. It has GBT table. Can you tell me what it is? I attached a screenshot and censored [I don't...
  9. Requesting user password change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Requesting user password change: Turned on my computer today and on the first screen it says that the user's password must be changed before signing in. It has never happened before. What password? I've even tried system restore but getting nowhere! Help, I need my computer for the weekend! Rob...
  10. unable to remove windows logon password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unable to remove windows logon password: unable to remove windows logon password went to control panel user accounts and there is no longer a ' remove password ' option as with windows 7 i changed the settings to ' not require a password on logon' but made no difference at all it now boots saying password...