Windows 10: Removing Password?

Discus and support Removing Password? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just bought my wife a new laptop with Windows 10 home already installed. When I set it up with her Microsoft account, I used her MS password. But my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Willabong, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Willabong Win User

Removing Password?

I just bought my wife a new laptop with Windows 10 home already installed. When I set it up with her Microsoft account, I used her MS password.
    But my wife likes things simple, and she would rather have the laptop boot straight into Windows without the need to enter a password.
    Can someone tell me how to remove the lock screen password so she is happy?*Smile

:)

Willabong, Dec 16, 2016

2. Removing Skype and disabling or removing One Drive

I had thought Skype was creating havoc on my computer, but I don't even have Skype set up as a program on my computer. So what else would be causing all of the spam I am receiving on my Windows 10? Over the last 2 months, I am now receiving anywhere from
    60 to 100 junk emails every day and my safe senders are now going to my junk email instead of to my inbox. Any suggestions?

Nancy

NancyaM(2), Dec 16, 2016
  3. Removing Skype and disabling or removing One Drive

Hi Dale,

Thanks for sharing your concern on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) What is the exact issue you are facing, related to Windows 10?

2) what is the maker and model of your computer?

I suggest you to provide the detailed description of the issue, so that we will be happy to assist you.

Kindly reply to us, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you,

Santosh_Rai, Dec 16, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Removing Password?

Plankton, Dec 16, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    We prefer our own Ten Forums tutorials to be used as links. They are ad free for registered members, as is the whole site.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

6. Willabong Win User
    Sorted! My thanks to all of you!*Biggrin

Willabong, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Removing Password?

1. Removing Password? - Similar Threads - Removing Password

2. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin: I'm sorry but I let someone use my laptop for a while and they accidently create an admin account and they cannot remember the password. It has limited my permissions to use my laptop, is there any way to remove it with the admin password?...
  3. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin: I'm sorry but I let someone use my laptop for a while and they accidently create an admin account and they cannot remember the password. It has limited my permissions to use my laptop, is there any way to remove it with the admin password?...
  4. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?: I have signed in with my MS account so that I can only use it for MS Store. I have already made below changes:1. Settings - Sign-in-options - Requires sign-in option set to Never.2. Windows PIN is also removed3. After following this command - netplwiz - I have unchecked the...
  6. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?: I have signed in with my MS account so that I can only use it for MS Store. I have already made below changes:1. Settings - Sign-in-options - Requires sign-in option set to Never.2. Windows PIN is also removed3. After following this command - netplwiz - I have unchecked the...
  7. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

8. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?: This should be simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the PIN/password prompt that appears when I start my computer. I've read several other Microsoft advisories, and tried them all - to no avail. In fact, my efforts have made things worse. At this...
  9. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?: This should be simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the PIN/password prompt that appears when I start my computer. I've read several other Microsoft advisories, and tried them all - to no avail. In fact, my efforts have made things worse. At this...
  10. How to remove Windows startup PIN/password prompts?

in Windows 10 Customization