Windows 10: Removing PC from windows account

Discus and support Removing PC from windows account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Might get roasted here for this, but I'm prepared. I'm a man. I want to remove my PC from my Microsoft account, * and potentially use another account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RIckWhite4PM, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Removing PC from windows account

Might get roasted here for this, but I'm prepared. I'm a man.

I want to remove my PC from my Microsoft account, * and potentially use another account, maybe Gmail?

I have it registered to an old hotmail email address.

If I remove it, what happens?

How do I keep Windows? What info do I need to keep or re acquire my Windows and affiliates?

Can I register it to my Gmail or google account instead? I would prefer that.

Or can I make a new email account for it?

*(reason being is I have it tied to my hotmail account which I've had since gr 9, and use it only for everything spam.. And having my pc registered to. Bad combo in my opinion)

Any advice or suggestions here would be appreciated!

Thank you

submitted by /u/RIckWhite4PM
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RIckWhite4PM, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    removing a microsoft account from a Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

To help resolve your concern, we suggest that you add a local account first on your PC, before removing the other account. Follow the steps below:

• To create a local account on your Windows 10 PC:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type netplwiz, and then click OK.
    • Click Add.
    • Click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).
    • Click Local account, type a username, and a
      password (if you'd like one).
    • Click Next, and then click Finish.
    • Sign out of the Microsoft account you want to delete, sign in using the
      local account you created, and then remove the account you want to delete.

• To remove a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC:

• Click the Start button, and then click Settings.
    • Click Accounts, scroll down, and then click the Microsoft account you would like to delete.
    • Click Remove, and then click Yes.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Removing PC from windows account

Remove account from old pc

Hi Richard,

Apologies for the delay in responding. During this time, have you already removed the account on the PC? In case that you haven't, here are the steps on how you can remove an account in Windows 10.

Note: Before you can remove an account, you need to create a Local Administrator. Here are the steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

• Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

• To make the new account an administrator account, select Start > Settings > Account > Family & other people, and select Change account type. Under Account type,
      select Administrator > OK. Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account.

To remove a user account in Windows 10, here are the steps:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard, click on Settings.
    • Click on Account, click on Family and other users.
    • Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on Remove.
    • Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
    • Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Removing PC from windows account

1. Removing PC from windows account - Similar Threads - Removing account

2. How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.: In my son's computer is coming all the time a pop up window asking to sign in his Microsoft account. That is happening in the last 2 days. Obviously is not an option to remove my son from the family because I use it to control times, until now everything was working perfectly...
  3. How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.: In my son's computer is coming all the time a pop up window asking to sign in his Microsoft account. That is happening in the last 2 days. Obviously is not an option to remove my son from the family because I use it to control times, until now everything was working perfectly...
  4. How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account: I need to remotely access one of my desktops from another using Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection. For ease of use, I need the remote desktop to just boot straight up without pins or passwords mainly because I have no monitor connected to it full-time.I came across a...
  5. How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account

How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account: I need to remotely access one of my desktops from another using Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection. For ease of use, I need the remote desktop to just boot straight up without pins or passwords mainly because I have no monitor connected to it full-time.I came across a...
  6. How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  8. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  9. I dont have child account but i was required to remove the child consent before i can...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I dont have child account but i was required to remove the child consent before i can...: I dont have child account but i was required to remove the child consent before i can change my country/region in my microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-child-account-but-i-was-required-to/252ce903-5440-4de1-9b3b-7f43e467012a
  10. I dont have child account but i was required to remove the child consent before i can...

I dont have child account but i was required to remove the child consent before i can...: I dont have child account but i was required to remove the child consent before i can change my country/region in my microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-child-account-but-i-was-required-to/252ce903-5440-4de1-9b3b-7f43e467012a