Windows 10: removing personal info by deleting myself as user........

Discus and support removing personal info by deleting myself as user........ in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ok so i'm seliing my laptop and want all my personal files off of it. i followed the steps for creating another user account so i could go in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sankaro, Jun 23, 2019.

1. sankaro Win User

removing personal info by deleting myself as user........

ok so i'm seliing my laptop and want all my personal files off of it. i followed the steps for creating another user account so i could go in and delete myself, and the option of "delete all of ________ files? comes up which im supposed to say yes. BUT...if i do this, will i be deleting ALL files across ALL devies i have?? help!

:)

sankaro, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    removing personal info by deleting myself as user........ 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Jun 23, 2019
  4. removing personal info by deleting myself as user........

trying to remove user account

Hi Jack,

Deleting a user account in a Windows device can be done by an administrator. Before removing the user account, make sure that you are using an administrator account to avoid errors.

Follow these steps to remove a user account in your computer:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Click on User Accounts and then Select User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts.
    • Choose the account that you want to delete.
    • Click on Delete the account.
    • Choose if you want to keep the files or delete the files in the user account that you'll be removing.
    • Click on Delete Account button to complete the process.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

removing personal info by deleting myself as user........

1. removing personal info by deleting myself as user........ - Similar Threads - removing personal info

2. How to Remove a OneDrive Personal User Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove a OneDrive Personal User Account?: Hello everyone,When I am saving a Word document as 'save as' I see more than one OneDrive personal user account which I don't need. How do I remove the additional OneDrive personal user account? I have Windows 11 installed on a pc and I'm subscribed to Microsoft 365. Your...
  3. How to Remove a OneDrive Personal User Account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove a OneDrive Personal User Account?: Hello everyone,When I am saving a Word document as 'save as' I see more than one OneDrive personal user account which I don't need. How do I remove the additional OneDrive personal user account? I have Windows 11 installed on a pc and I'm subscribed to Microsoft 365. Your...
  4. how to delete a post mistakenly with personal info on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete a post mistakenly with personal info on it: Hi I put a picture on a post that exposes and email address of friend, since i am not getting any more replies for my post I want to delete it, how can i delete a thread on here? Thanks...
  5. User info

User info: Why there are three different users, I am the only user. all accounts show the same email address.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-info/6b821cc8-f27b-4cdf-9822-aa31f4301ccf
  6. PC is in a rebooting loop after deleting personal info to sell it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC is in a rebooting loop after deleting personal info to sell it: After turning on my PC, it asked for my password, but I didn't remember it so I deleted all personal info so that I could sell it, and now it just keeps restarting over and over again that it doesnt let me do anything, I pushed all buttons, but nothing The Stop Code that...
  7. Child's personal info

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child's personal info: When I try to change my child's personal info, I press the button and it takes me onto a page with 2 links. I try both but it doesn't show me how to do it. What do I do? P.S: My category is different because I don't have 'Microsoft Family' on it. Sorry about that. It is...
  8. deleting a user account/users email and info

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting a user account/users email and info: I just swopped for this machine and need to know how to delete her user info(name and e-mail address) from it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-user-accountusers-email-and-info/3cad0258-727e-422c-99cb-a4a9dfe6a24a"
  9. How to remove personal info

How to remove personal info: I just bought a new computer with windows 10. I started setting up before I realized it was the wrong computer. How do I delete my personal info. so I can return it?...
  10. How to delete "personal info" from Live Tiles?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete "personal info" from Live Tiles?: In Windows 8.1 there was an option to delete personal info from live tiles, this was also possible on previous Windows 10 builds but I can't find it. This was useful for when inevitably something breaks on the start screen and we could 'refresh' all the tiles. My Mail App...