Windows 10: Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC

Discus and support Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an All-In-One PC running Window 10 that I intend to donate to a charity. I have wiped the disk to remove programs and data and have reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohndelJB, Nov 24, 2021.

1. JohndelJB Win User

Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC

I have an All-In-One PC running Window 10 that I intend to donate to a charity. I have wiped the disk to remove programs and data and have reinstalled done a clear install of windows from the cloud. However, the windows installation and digital authorization is still associated with my Microsoft account. I do want to gift the Windows license with the PC but would like to have it disassociated from me and my account. Any ideas on how I can do that?

:)

JohndelJB, Nov 24, 2021

2. I bought a fortnite gift code for a pc person, as a step to redeem the gift by pc?

I bought a fortnite gift code for a pc person, as a step to redeem the gift by pc?

CaioSilva7, Nov 24, 2021
  3. qubit Win User
    qubit, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC

Gift Card

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

1. Are you referring to Windows store to buy gift card?

If yes, I suggest you to refer the Microsoft store link below and check if it helps.

Personalized gift cards

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/All-gift-cards/categoryID.67154100

Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Suvarna Govinda, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC

1. Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC - Similar Threads - Removing Personal Information

2. Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, When I go into a files properties, for this a WAV file and select details I am unable to edit any of the Properties. At the bottom is the link for "Remove Properties and Personal Information", when I select this I get an additional properties box appear.I have created a...
  3. Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, When I go into a files properties, for this a WAV file and select details I am unable to edit any of the Properties. At the bottom is the link for "Remove Properties and Personal Information", when I select this I get an additional properties box appear.I have created a...
  4. Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, This is something completely new to me. I bought an album, and all the details of each file was missing I logged a complaint with the company that provided me the files So, I went into the properties of each file and selected "Details" tab so I could put in the correct...
  5. Remove Properties and Personal Information

Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, This is something completely new to me. I bought an album, and all the details of each file was missing I logged a complaint with the company that provided me the files So, I went into the properties of each file and selected "Details" tab so I could put in the correct...
  6. Delete personal information before selling/gifting Windows 11 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete personal information before selling/gifting Windows 11 computers: How do I wipe personal data and account info from two Windows 11 computers and remove them from my Microsoft account information?Computer #1 is a Surface Pro 6 that originally came with Windows 10 Home that was later upgraded to Windows 10 Education, then later still migrated...
  7. Delete personal information before selling/gifting Windows 11 computers

Delete personal information before selling/gifting Windows 11 computers: How do I wipe personal data and account info from two Windows 11 computers and remove them from my Microsoft account information?Computer #1 is a Surface Pro 6 that originally came with Windows 10 Home that was later upgraded to Windows 10 Education, then later still migrated...
  8. Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC: I have an All-In-One PC running Window 10 that I intend to donate to a charity. I have wiped the disk to remove programs and data and have reinstalled done a clear install of windows from the cloud. However, the windows installation and digital authorization is still...
  9. Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC

Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC: I have an All-In-One PC running Window 10 that I intend to donate to a charity. I have wiped the disk to remove programs and data and have reinstalled done a clear install of windows from the cloud. However, the windows installation and digital authorization is still...
  10. Removing Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Properties and Personal Information: Like I have some MKV files which contains misleading titles and I want to remove those, but when I click the "Remove Properties and Personal Information" link I do not get the option to chose which information would I like to remove. Like in some files there is a check box...