Windows 10: Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC

Discus and support Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an All-In-One PC running Window 10 that I intend to donate to a charity. I have wiped the disk to remove programs and data and have reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JohndelJB, Nov 24, 2021 at 2:17 PM.

1. JohndelJB Win User

Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC

I have an All-In-One PC running Window 10 that I intend to donate to a charity. I have wiped the disk to remove programs and data and have reinstalled done a clear install of windows from the cloud. However, the windows installation and digital authorization is still associated with my Microsoft account. I do want to gift the Windows license with the PC but would like to have it disassociated from me and my account. Any ideas on how I can do that?

:)

2. I bought a fortnite gift code for a pc person, as a step to redeem the gift by pc?

I bought a fortnite gift code for a pc person, as a step to redeem the gift by pc?

3. qubit Win User
  4. Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC

Gift Card

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

1. Are you referring to Windows store to buy gift card?

If yes, I suggest you to refer the Microsoft store link below and check if it helps.

Personalized gift cards

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/All-gift-cards/categoryID.67154100

Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Suvarna Govinda, Nov 24, 2021 at 2:18 PM
Thema:

Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC

1. Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC - Similar Threads - Removing Personal Information

2. Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC: I have an All-In-One PC running Window 10 that I intend to donate to a charity. I have wiped the disk to remove programs and data and have reinstalled done a clear install of windows from the cloud. However, the windows installation and digital authorization is still...
  3. Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Personal Information before donating / gifting a PC: I have an All-In-One PC running Window 10 that I intend to donate to a charity. I have wiped the disk to remove programs and data and have reinstalled done a clear install of windows from the cloud. However, the windows installation and digital authorization is still...
  4. Removing Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Properties and Personal Information: Like I have some MKV files which contains misleading titles and I want to remove those, but when I click the "Remove Properties and Personal Information" link I do not get the option to chose which information would I like to remove. Like in some files there is a check box...
  5. Donating my PC to a club

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Donating my PC to a club: I want to donate my PC to a social club of which I am a member. I can delete all files and do a Factory Reset and so on, but what do I do about installing Windows 10 on it and how much does it cost?...
  6. gave personal information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    gave personal information: So i was browsing my computer and then i got a message that my computer has been hack. So there was a number and i called it. So the guy who i was talking said to open a site but before i did i check if it was a scam ,and it was .So i hung up. But now i am afraid because i...
  7. Windows 10 Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Remove Properties and Personal Information: I Right click in File explorer on the file I want to change, get the Properties dialogue box and select Remove Properties and Personal Information. Get the remove Properties dialogue box , the select the Remove the following properties radio button , then I select the...
  8. Donating PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Donating PC: I plan to give away my PC, but want to remove all personal data before ding so, including the connection to OneDrive. Best way to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/donating-pc/118d7f87-1257-4007-8cb9-e9dc5d229bec
  9. Activate windows before personalize pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activate windows before personalize pc: Hi there, We just got this device. If I tried to change the background I get the message saying " You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC". I don't understand why I get this if I have installed already Microsoft Office 365. Please help. Thanks...
  10. I bought a fortnite gift code for a pc person, as a step to redeem the gift by pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a fortnite gift code for a pc person, as a step to redeem the gift by pc?: I bought a fortnite gift code for a pc person, as a step to redeem the gift by pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-fortnite-gift-code-for-a-pc-person-as-a/f1adbe64-852a-41de-90f0-b37ac257228a