Windows 10: removing pictures in the collection of Microsoft Photo App

Discus and support removing pictures in the collection of Microsoft Photo App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; for Microsoft photo app. how can I get the app to stop showing pictures in the collection from folders I have removed from the app?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BarryDrost, May 21, 2020.

1. removing pictures in the collection of Microsoft Photo App

for Microsoft photo app. how can I get the app to stop showing pictures in the collection from folders I have removed from the app?

:)

BarryDrost, May 21, 2020

2. Removing pictures from collection in Photos app

I removed all my albums in the photo app because the date the album uses seems to be the date you worked on the pictures. But if you remove a picture in collections it removes it from the hard drive to the recycle bin. The collection is just as mixed
    up as the albums, pictures from 1967 show up with 2013 dates, etc. How can I remove all the pictures in collections and not remove them from the hard drive. Thanks to all, RitaM7130

Rita M 7130, May 21, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to delete pictures from Photos app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information from you to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• When you say, “I can't delete individual pictures” are you facing any issues in deleting the all pictures or only a particular? If yes, what is the error message that you read?
    • Are you trying to remove the picture only from Photos app?

If you are trying to remove the pictures only from the Microsoft Photos app, then you can remove the particular folder from the Photos apps and the pictures won’t appear in Photos app. Please follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:

1. Open Photos app.
    2. Click on ellipsis (three dots) on the top right corner and click on
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, click on X
      to remove the folder where your pictures are saved.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 21, 2020
  4. removing pictures in the collection of Microsoft Photo App

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 21, 2020
Thema:

removing pictures in the collection of Microsoft Photo App

1. removing pictures in the collection of Microsoft Photo App - Similar Threads - removing pictures collection

2. Organizing pictures on photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Organizing pictures on photo app: So I uploaded all my photos from a tablet to my Dell Inspiron, and when they were uploaded they all went to the collections folder instead of uploading in their individual albums. Now I'm in the process of creating the albums but it's almost impossible because the picture...
  3. Organizing pictures on photo app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Organizing pictures on photo app: So I uploaded all my photos from a tablet to my Dell Inspiron, and when they were uploaded they all went to the collections folder instead of uploading in their individual albums. Now I'm in the process of creating the albums but it's almost impossible because the picture...
  4. photos app and pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  5. photos app and pictures

photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  6. Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures: Hello,For some unknown reason the Photo App doesn't open when I try to open a picture. It doesn't matter if it's a .JPG or a.PNG or other type of picture it only opens a white screen like the picture below.I've already tried to uninstall and install it on the Microsoft Store,...
  7. Photos in collection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in collection: I do not want my photos to go into the collection. I want it in my folders. This pisses me off. Correct it please, as I was fine downloading my photos into the folders just prior to downloading photos these last couple of times. How do I get them into my folder?...
  8. Photo App "Collection" shows no photos in HEIC format

Photo App "Collection" shows no photos in HEIC format: Even though I can view HEIC-picture with the Windows 10 photos app and I can view next and previous HEIC-pictures, but if I click on "Collection / all pictures" in the Photo app button top left it shows no HEIC-pictures only other picture formates...
  9. Photos app collection empty

Photos app collection empty: This has been happening all month and can’t seem to fix it. In the photos app I usually add my folders from where my photos are stored and I would see them all. Now after adding my sources in the collection it just says “see all your memories in one place” like the folders...
  10. Unwanted pictures in Photos (Trusted Microsoft Store App)

Unwanted pictures in Photos (Trusted Microsoft Store App): I've done extensive searching for a solution. It seems everyone that has experienced this problem has found a solution; but nothing I have tried works. My Gallery is littered with unwanted Xbox .png files, OneNote .png files, Skype .png files, Microsoft .png files, etc.... I...