Windows 10: Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

Discus and support Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It's a simple question, with probably a more complicated answer: How do I remove these two buttons, as I think they are ugly as OS X (ok, maybe not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wzor, Jul 24, 2015.

1. wzor Win User

Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

It's a simple question, with probably a more complicated answer: How do I remove these two buttons, as I think they are ugly as OS X (ok, maybe not that ugly)?

Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu [​IMG]

:)

2. Pavan_N Win User

Power and All apps are not visible in Start menu

Hi Gina,

I would like to inform you that Power and All apps will show by default in your Start menu. Other options like Settings; File Explorer; Pictures etc. are to set as per your requirements. Follow the steps below and check if that helps. Also let us know if
    you have made any hardware and software changes in your computer prior to this issue.

Step 1: Check for updates.

If you can't open the Start menu or Cortana, first check for updates.

• Press Windows logo key + R, type ms-settings:, and then select
      OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, go to Update & security > Windows
      Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: Restart your device.

If you didn’t have any updates that required a restart, it’s still a good idea to restart your device to make sure any pending updates are installed.

Step 3: Try the troubleshooter.

For assisted support, try this
    Start menu troubleshooter
    . After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Do let us know if you are able to get Power and All apps on Start menu. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 24, 2015
  3. GinaClapp Win User
    Power and All apps are not visible in Start menu

Original Title: Start menu

All of a sudden, when I press the start button, I do not get all the options -- at the bottom are fle explorer and settings but not power and all apps. How do I restore the missing options?

GinaClapp, Jul 24, 2015
  4. Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

Settings > Personalization > Start > Choose ......

Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu [​IMG]

Tutorial: Start List - Add or Remove Folders in Windows 10

Slartybart, Jul 24, 2015
  5. wzor Win User
    Im sorry, but neither Power nor All Apps buttons can be hidden. All I want, is to make them appear only when pressing the hamburger menu, just as in the older builds. Thanks.

6. Yeah, I didn't look close enough at your image. You are correct.

Sorry 'bout that chief!

Slartybart, Jul 25, 2015
  7. wzor Win User
    Hahaha. Thanks anyway!

wzor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

1. Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Removing Power Apps

2. "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu?: When you open the start menu, the field on the left SHOULD be an expanded list of all programs. However, following the latest update, that function is removed. From now on, the "All Apps" section is always collapsed. The option "Show apps list in start menu" has been...
  3. windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu

windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 Home version 20H2 and I cannot find away to remove the All Apps Icon from the start menu for a specific user. I turned off "Show App list in start menu" but I can't find away to remove the All Apps Icon. Please advise. Regards, Ray See the...
  4. Is there a way to remove all programs from folders in the all apps start menu?

Is there a way to remove all programs from folders in the all apps start menu?: I don't like having to open folders when trying to find a program from the start menu; all I want is an alphabetised list of every program on my PC. I tried moving everything from the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder out of that folder, however...
  5. Removing apps from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing apps from the Start Menu: There are a number of Apps on my Start Menu that I cannot use. I would like to remove them from the start menu to reduce clutter. I was able to remove OneDrive but none of the others, I'm not asking how to uninstall them because I know Microsoft would NEVER allow that....
  6. Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu

Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu: I want to organize the All Apps list on the Start Menu, but I need to get rid of the apps that clutter it up. I would prefer to do it without replacing the start menu with something like Classic Shell and I don't want to delete all the apps, so I've been attempting to find a...
  7. Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps: After disabling and uninstalling Cortana, Edge and others as well as Search I ended up with 2 dead icons in the All apps menu one for Search and one for Edge. When I drag the Search icon to the desktop it's named as:...
  8. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  9. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  10. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...