Windows 10: Removing predictive text in Chrome - nothing works. Please help!

Discus and support Removing predictive text in Chrome - nothing works. Please help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have a real problem and I can't understand this (I am elderly but quite tech savvy). I have just moved to Google Chrome from Edge and it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moggie, Oct 13, 2020.

1. moggie Win User

Removing predictive text in Chrome - nothing works. Please help!

Hello
    I have a real problem and I can't understand this (I am elderly but quite tech savvy). I have just moved to Google Chrome from Edge and it is great except for this problem.

I have followed instns to remove predictive text to the letter from this site ie
    settings - advance -privacy........but your instns then clearly show a line which offers me the chance to switch it off but, on my Chrome screen in settings/privacy there is nothing like this!

The icon on my desktop shows the Chrome logo and in Control Panel it shows as downloaded - am I not in Chrome? When I click on the icon the screen comes up with GOOGLE search bar in middle but does not mention Chrome.
    What am I doing wrong please? I am at my wits end over this. Must be in Chrome surely as when I downloaded it all my old favourites and desktops icons like you tube etc appeared with the Chrome circle.
    Thanks

:)

moggie, Oct 13, 2020
  2. [NOWAY] Win User

Windows 10 text prediction suddenly not working in chrome

I enabled "show text suggestions as I type" in Setting -> Typing and it works very well in chrome, but today, as I opened chrome, I found that text prediction does not work in chrome anymore, however, it still works outside chrome.

How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

[NOWAY], Oct 13, 2020
  3. predictive text - windows 10 mobile

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I Understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Please follow the steps below and check if predictive text can be turned back on.

• Navigate to Settings > Keyboard and
    • Select the desired language.
    • Select the Option to turn off the “suggest text
    Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Dr.Bob007 Win User

predictive text - windows 10 mobile

Why would a User who has encountered the problem of 'Predictive Text' suddenly now missing from their Windows 10 mobile device "Select the Option to turn off the “suggest text”"?

This strikes me as illogical to resolving the identified problem. I might understand if you instructed the User to restart their device then turn it On to see if toggling the setting might re-enable this service. However, that not being stated suggests an
    oversight/error.

In my situation, my Lumia 950 XL no longer simply identifies 'correct' words as before. This became noticeable prior to the recent 9 step + 8 step series of Windows 10 Mobile updates.

I found this predictive text service quite helpful with respect to my 'large' fore-finger tip often unintentionally touching adjacent characters resulting in typing errors ranging from quite simple to utterly deranged 'words' which often are corrected by
    simply touching one of the array of suggested alternate options available.

Dr.Bob007, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Removing predictive text in Chrome - nothing works. Please help! - Similar Threads - Removing predictive text

2. Removing predictive text in Chrome - nothing works. Please help!

in Browsers and Email
    Removing predictive text in Chrome - nothing works. Please help!: Hello I have a real problem and I can't understand this (I am elderly but quite tech savvy). I have just moved to Google Chrome from Edge and it is great except for this problem. I have followed instns to remove predictive text to the letter from this site ie settings -...
  3. Windows 10 text prediction suddenly not working in chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 text prediction suddenly not working in chrome: I enabled "show text suggestions as I type" in Setting -> Typing and it works very well in chrome, but today, as I opened chrome, I found that text prediction does not work in chrome anymore, however, it still works outside chrome. How can I fix it? Thanks in advance....
  4. Text Predictions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Predictions: Hi there Since Windows 10 v1803 we have had the option to "Show text suggestions as I type" and "Autocorrect words as I type" for hardware keyboard. I have enabled these options however when testing it works fine in Notepad, Wordpad and stick Notes however it does not work...
  5. Please help nothing working nothing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please help nothing working nothing: [IMG]help nothing working in my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-nothing-working-nothing/648fe6d7-2de9-4835-b79a-b95d24d22d8e
  6. Text prediction

Text prediction: I have turned all typing prediction options on in settings, but i am still unable to see any prediction options when working in Office 365 WordOnline in Edge... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-prediction/a6c39623-a01b-431b-8ecc-5c6dcaa0e1a8
  7. Add words to text prediction.

Add words to text prediction.: You can apparently add words to the personal dictionary for Android devices .... the procedure for doing it is published. My Q is... why is it not possible for users like myself, who sometimes type with a mouth op mouse on the OSK on my laptop, able to do it? We need to be...
  8. Predictive Text

Predictive Text: My predictive text and other keyboard features seem to have vanished from my phone and I cannot see why. They are all ticked as being on within the phone's settings but they are not on when texting. Any help will be gratefully received....
  9. predictive text like ios

in Windows 10 Support
    predictive text like ios: hi all, after only using iphones and ipads for the past 6 years, i have recently purchased a new laptop. its an acer and has windows 10. im trying to find a setting that will predict my text like the iphone does. (for eample when im using facebook,email or anything text...
  10. Predictive Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Predictive Text: Hello All, is there any way I can get predictive text on my desktop computer ? 77978