Windows 10: Removing previous owners login and PW from an HP ENVY 20 with WIN 10

Discus and support Removing previous owners login and PW from an HP ENVY 20 with WIN 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I inherited an HP ENVY 20 Desktop and need to change ownership. email and PW I do not want to dump and reload all my software.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 1972 MGB, May 20, 2020.

1. 1972 MGB Win User

Removing previous owners login and PW from an HP ENVY 20 with WIN 10

I inherited an HP ENVY 20 Desktop and need to change ownership. email and PW I do not want to dump and reload all my software.

:)

1972 MGB, May 20, 2020

2. Need to remove previous owner/administrator

Inherited a Win10 HP laptop. Need to remove the previous owner/administrator.

[Moved thread from: [MSN / Accounts, login, and signup / Account settings / Windows 10]

WayneDaniel, May 20, 2020
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Can I replace Win 10 & previous owner?

The OS is registered to the hardware. You should use your own login to access the device. Does it have the previous owners login and are you using that or had the previous owner removed his login details.

neilpzz, May 20, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Removing previous owners login and PW from an HP ENVY 20 with WIN 10 - Similar Threads - Removing previous owners

2. Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop: I was given a Dell laptop, the previous owner is now back in the US, I am in Thailand.When I go to Settings - Accounts his name comes up under 'Administrator'I am logged in with my Microsoft account.How do I remove him as the Administrator ?Thanks in advance.........
  3. Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop: I was given a Dell laptop, the previous owner is now back in the US, I am in Thailand.When I go to Settings - Accounts his name comes up under 'Administrator'I am logged in with my Microsoft account.How do I remove him as the Administrator ?Thanks in advance.........
  4. Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Removing previous owner's name from Windows Log In Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing previous owner's name from Windows Log In Screen: I am unable to remove the company name from the Windows 10 log in screen. I have followed all steps to change registered owner's name using regedit but it continues to show the original owner's name. What was weird was that I had to actually create a registered user and...
  6. Bypass previous owner login and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bypass previous owner login and password: My daughter bought a used laptop with Win10 and the previous owner left his login and pin in it and now we can't reach him. Is there a way I can bypass that to get into windows to make it my daughters laptop?...
  7. remove previous owners account from device

remove previous owners account from device: hi community i purchased my second-hand laptop from a friend of a friend and i no longer have and cannot presently contact with the seller. I am trying to add my Microsoft account to the device but unfortunately the account belonging to the previous owner is still present....
  8. WIndows 10 Hp Envy Login Issue

WIndows 10 Hp Envy Login Issue: Purchased & downloaded the Isumsoft Password Fixer and followed the instructions online to utilize a USB to download the software. Having issues rebooting via the USB on Hp Envy Laptop. How do you change it on the bios page?...
  9. How to remove login from Win 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove login from Win 10?: Hello, I have a big problem with win10 login. I have been used auto-login( never require password and netplwiz setting) for many years. Yesterday I changed the password, then auto-login stop working. There are two accounts show on my login screen, and tell me my password is...
  10. HP Envy 20 Black Screen On Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Envy 20 Black Screen On Startup: On Friday, I updated my HP Envy 20 to Windows 10. Once the update was finished my computer started up fine, however, my antivirus software (AVG) said there was an update and I needed to restart. I did so and after the restart and HP logo screen I had a black, but luminescent...