Windows 10: Removing profile photo

Discus and support Removing profile photo in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Actually i want to remove my profile picture from my windows account i have removed it from my mail could you please tell me how to remove??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jaideep Chauhan25, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Removing profile photo

Actually i want to remove my profile picture from my windows account i have removed it from my mail could you please tell me how to remove??

:)

Jaideep Chauhan25, Sep 3, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Removing profile photo :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 3, 2020
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Removing profile photo

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! Removing profile photo :)

justinmreina, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Removing profile photo

1. Removing profile photo - Similar Threads - Removing profile photo

2. Removing Chrome profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Chrome profile: I created a basic second user account on my Windows 10 computer, I also use Google Chrome extensively. I was miffed to find out that simply logging out of Google in that second Win10 account does not mean that ones bookmarks also disappear which confused me and so it seems I...
  3. Microsoft Profile Photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Profile Photo: Why isn't the photo I uploaded to my Microsoft account showing up in My Info on my compter or the Microsoft Sign in/Lock Screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-profile-photo/651825dd-8807-428f-9d03-6dc10a6e40c0
  4. Delete Profile Photo in Outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete Profile Photo in Outlook: To MS team, Please advise, how to delete the uploaded photo out of the MS outlook. The system is available just only for new upload icon without the remove icon. Best regards, Korrakid...
  5. Profile photo won't update

Profile photo won't update: Hi. I changed my profile picture in my Microsoft account online but it won't change on my computer's account. It still shows the old one. I went to settings, accounts, and Your info and there is no option there to change it either. Why won't it update? And when I log out and...
  6. PROFILE PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PROFILE PHOTOS: WHY ISN'T MY MICROSOFT PHOTO THE SAME AS MY EMAIL? HOW CAN I FIX IT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/profile-photos/1adb9633-d097-4cc5-98a9-5027a3bdee2d
  7. How do i remove a profile photo?

How do i remove a profile photo?: How do I remove a photo from y profile as admin or is it stuck there for life? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-do-i-remove-a-profile-photo/ed1d1989-957a-4f5c-a3c5-752e6ebc2867
  8. removing photos

removing photos: hi ,I am having trouble removing photos from the "my info" section of my Microsoft account on windows 10. can anybody help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/removing-photos/0165b3e7-f5a0-4012-b216-9214adceb6b2
  9. remove photos

in Browsers and Email
    remove photos: can anyone help me as to how do I remove a profile pic from email account. This a gmail account 97098
  10. remove the profile/user picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    remove the profile/user picture: Hi.. i just bought a 2nd hand laptop, please help me to remove the profile/user picture of the previous owner. [img] sorry for my post its my first time to ask help in this community.. thanks.. 103142