Windows 10: Removing read only classification

Discus and support Removing read only classification in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, and happy Autumn. I'm currently editing text using Notepad++, and I've installed the plugin Aspell as a spell checker. It contains a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by James500, Oct 17, 2016.

1. James500 Win User

Removing read only classification

Hi everyone, and happy Autumn.

I'm currently editing text using Notepad++, and I've installed the plugin Aspell as a spell checker. It contains a main dictionary, and also contains a second file for adding additional words to the mix which makes it act like a smaller, accessory dictionary (file). And the entire Aspell folder is set to "Read only"

If I'm doing a spell check, and the spell check finds a word that's not in either the main dictionary, or the accessory file, there's a button to click to add it to the accessory file.

Or in other words, there are two files involved with the spell check. There's the one that contains the main dictionary, and then there's a second one that new words are added to.

The trouble is the entire Aspell folder is set to "Read only," and that prevents me from adding new words to the accessory file in it.

What I'm trying to do, is remove the "Read only" part from the accessory file, or the entire Aspell folder.

Note: So far, each time I uncheck the Read only box, it automatically rechecks itself.

Help!

:)

James500, Oct 17, 2016
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Windows 10 and Intel Skylake

Read the membership classifications and you will understand. They are not Microsoft Employees, but they may well be paid 'contractors'.

Erdeslawe, Oct 17, 2016
  3. Anniversary 1607 update error 0xc1800118

Thank you for your answer. I solved the problem by myself by disabling not only "Upgrades" but all other classifications too. After doing the complete process again i enabled all classifications and after a new sync all 1607
    updates are back again.

Mike Bsdurek, Oct 17, 2016
Thema:

Removing read only classification

1. Removing read only classification - Similar Threads - Removing read classification

2. classification of a question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    classification of a question: I cannot make up my mind which category my questions fit into. I have a collection of problems which all fit loosely into Windows 10 because that is the operating system I have. But they boil down to confusions concerning User Accounts. I have asked a question but cannot find...
  3. classification of a question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    classification of a question: I cannot make up my mind which category my questions fit into. I have a collection of problems which all fit loosely into Windows 10 because that is the operating system I have. But they boil down to confusions concerning User Accounts. I have asked a question but cannot find...
  4. Can not remove the "Read only property"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not remove the "Read only property": Today when I tried to modify tags in my music library, I found that it couldn't write the tags. So I checked the properties of it. Under the General tab the "read only " property had a tick in front. [ATTACH] I removed it and clicked on apply. [ATTACH] Then a new window...
  5. Can't remove read-only from folders

Can't remove read-only from folders: How to remove read-only from folders. All searched helps don't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-read-only-from-folders/aea3e09c-34ed-4f11-a009-ab70939d8b66
  6. Read-only not being removed when applied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Read-only not being removed when applied: EDIT: I AM USING WINDOWS INSIDER AND I CAN'T CHANGE ANY FILES EITHER, NOT JUST THE ONE I have followed the guides (The only thing I didn't do is enter that one command into Command Prompt because I couldn't figure it out as the guides weren't very helpful), all I could find...
  7. removing "read only from documents

removing "read only from documents: removing "read only" from documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-read-only-from-documents/6ca83a36-a1cd-4f6d-8f4e-d2c5d2b73870
  8. read-only How to remove from documents

read-only How to remove from documents: How to remove read-only from documents. I tried everything but nothing worked. I tried to take ownership over computer in security settings but it didnt work as well....
  9. remove READ ONLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove READ ONLY: PLEASE How do I get read only off of my pictures on OneDrive. If I can't see them, I don't need OneDrive. I have changed attribute multiple times and Microsoft keeps changing MY PICTURES back to READ ONLY attribute. This is more than annoying. Microsoft controls my files,...
  10. cant take ownership AND remove read only

in Windows 10 Support
    cant take ownership AND remove read only: ok so i upgraded from win 7 to win 10 pro and now i am unable to take ownership of my extra drives as well as change the folders from read only please help 20077